2019 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone interview this past week at TSU? from 2/23/15-2/27/15? or even the week before that? did you guys hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get any acceptances or invites? did anyone who interviewed in late Feburary get an acceptance?

did anyone get any acceptances or invites? did anyone who interviewed in late Feburary get an acceptance?

I interviewed on feb 11 and already got accepted..i heard some people got accepted on friday and monday...am not sure when they interviewed though.. Interviews are still going on

Reactions: 1 user
I know the wait is killing us. I checked my mail like every hour or so. Here is the post that I think will help calm us down. Let's put our faith and hope that we all no sooner or later will get our acceptance.
2017 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on February 10 and haven't heard anything back yet. O: anxiously waiting!!!!

I was there last week and a candidate called to ask when acceptance will be going out and they said the next invitation will be going out on thursday this week
Okay great... so were any invitations sent out since the end of February (Feb 27th) or will this Thursday (March 12th) be the 2nd time candidates who interviewed the week of Feb 10/Feb 11/Feb 12 have acceptance invitations sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay great... so were any invitations sent out since the end of February (Feb 27th) or will this Thursday (March 12th) be the 2nd time candidates who interviewed the week of Feb 10/Feb 11/Feb 12 have acceptance invitations sent out?

From what i heard invitations were sent out on late friday and early monday and then stopped.. I heard the committee will meet again and the next acceptance will be sentout this week .. So pls hang in there..goodluck

looks like TSU is still conducting interviews I just stopped by before my class and see a line of people interveiwing, i wonder if they sent out the last batch of acceptance letters? I thought they were going to hold off interviews until they sent out acceptances. just wanted to share the info for those of you who are waiting

looks like TSU is still conducting interviews I just stopped by before my class and see a line of people interveiwing, i wonder if they sent out the last batch of acceptance letters? I thought they were going to hold off interviews until they sent out acceptances. just wanted to share the info for those of you who are waiting

Have u interviewed?

yea i interviewed on Feburary 10th, i just wish i knew when they would send something

it doesnt make sense to keep interviewing when your are still behind on accepatances iono

it doesnt make sense to keep interviewing when your are still behind on accepatances iono

I heard acceptance will go out this week around thursday..if not they are waiting for the interview to be done first... Some schools do acceptance differently..tsu does not do rolling admission thats why. Acceptance is done based on rank (stats and interview). Hope u all waiting get accepted

Next week is spring break so hopefully u guys hear latest the week after spring break ... Praying for u guys

Spring break is over now. Hope we hear something this week.:)

Reactions: 4 users
I was told that TSU only issued around 30 acceptance so far. Out of more than 100 seats, we still have a chance to get accepted (hope, hope, pray, pray guys!). They are still conducting interviews, and this is the last batch. Out of 100 files, only less than 10 will be called for interview in the next coming weeks. We should expect to hear from TSU around the end of April.

I was told that TSU only issued around 30 acceptance so far. Out of more than 100 seats, we still have a chance to get accepted (hope, hope, pray, pray guys!). They are still conducting interviews, and this is the last batch. Out of 100 files, only less than 10 will be called for interview in the next coming weeks. We should expect to hear from TSU around the end of April.
You spoke to someone in the office ?

I will be going to the office today or tomorrow or next..so i can help u guys find out how many seats left... I wonder how many applications they received

I will be going to the office today or tomorrow or next..so i can help u guys find out how many seats left... I wonder how many applications they received
Probably a lot this year since they started using pharmcas

There were not many acceptance sent out to students who were interviewed in February. They do rolling admission, too. So if you have strong stat, you will receive an acceptance right away. The rest of us who are on the edge will be placed on the list. They will sort this list after the last interview.

Babeprecious: Can you find out when is their last interview? I've tried to call the office several times for the past 3 months, but they didn't give me a straight answer. Thanks a whole lot!!!

Babeprecious: Can you find out when is their last interview? I've tried to call the office several times for the past 3 months, but they didn't give me a straight answer. Thanks a whole lot!!!

I will

I know the list placement is true as I remember being told about it when I called after my interview. It's not necessarily based on stats. Its a combination of interview points and stats; so someone with lower stats could still get in right away if they interviewed very well. If @masterpiece is correct on the number of accepted students then there are a good number of seats left. @PharmD93 is right that they received a lot of applications due to pharmCAS.

If you received an interview then hang tight for your acceptance. According to their pharmCAS info page:
  • Estimated number interviewed for fall 2014 entering class: 154
  • Estimated number accepted for fall 2014 entering class: 125
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/2019

So basically if you received an interview then you are very likely to be accepted.

I wish everyone luck. And hope to see you as future classmates :)

Thanks for the correction. It does base on stat and interview. I think tsu will accept more students this year, but since I forgot the exact number, I didn't want to mention it.

Last edited:
No, TSU isn't my first choice. I'm hoping for Texas Tech. What about you?

Ok .wish u the best ..tsu is my first choice since i want to stay in houston. Networking is important in pharmacy- so i need to be in an urban place ...goodluck

Last edited:
anyone planning on working while in school? I work at a hospital at the moment and they require 20 hrs per week for part-time. Do you guys think that its doable to do that and school.

anyone planning on working while in school? I work at a hospital at the moment and they require 20 hrs per week for part-time. Do you guys think that its doable to do that and school.

I know alot of people that worked part time while enrolled in pharmacy school.. Its just based on how u plan ur time ..u can definitely handle it..most people i know didnt work... Goodluck in ur decision

Does any one know if TSU is still inviting for interviews?