2020: Official Thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hoping and praying for an interview! Good luck to everyone else too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are invites going to be sent on a rolling basis or will an announcement be made when the next invitations are sent?

Top post says interview invites will be sent out on a monthly basis, "or as convenient", so I'd expect the next wave of them towards the end of August.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Top post says interview invites well be sent out on a monthly basis, "or as convenient", so I'd expect the next wave of them towards the end of August.

Thanks. Well that is a bummer then haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Let this serve as a permanent reminder that batches mean nothing! Second batch, no denial or interview email.

Reactions: 1 user
Just sent my application out. I'm ALL IN for Case

Hi Dr. Chuck,

If we were in first batch and complete and under review in the end of june but haven't heard anything yet does this mean our application was put on hold?

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Dr. Chuck,

My application was mailed out in second batch and I paid my supplemental fee on July 1st. In an above post, you mentioned anyone who did not hear back about an interview last week would be placed under review, however, my status on ADEA AADSAS still says "Application Complete" as of 7/1. Could you kindly confirm if you are still reviewing apps and extending invites or whether this means my application has been placed on hold?

Thank you!

My AADSAS status changed this morning, pretty excited about it:

Case Western.JPG

I haven't received an email or phone call though and I noticed that they stated the first interviews could be as early as two weeks from today, 8/17/15. For the other applicants that received interviews, have you been contacted through email to set up an interview date/time?

My AADSAS status changed this morning, pretty excited about it:

View attachment 194726

I haven't received an email or phone call though and I noticed that they stated the first interviews could be as early as two weeks from today, 8/17/15. For the other applicants that received interviews, have you been contacted through email to set up an interview date/time?

did this status change from "received/application complete" to "under review" first?

I'm pretty sure it actually jumped from "received/application complete" to "Invited for Interview"

To be honest, from the schools I have applied to I have seen the status change every which way.

Some have changed from: "received/under review" to "received/application complete"
while others have gone: "received/application complete" to "received/under review"
and case went: "received/application complete" to "invited for interview"

Just seeing any activity on the portal is usually enough to make me happy lol

I'm pretty sure it actually jumped from "received/application complete" to "Invited for Interview"

To be honest, from the schools I have applied to I have seen the status change every which way.

Some have changed from: "received/under review" to "received/application complete"
while others have gone: "received/application complete" to "received/under review"
and case went: "received/application complete" to "invited for interview"

Just seeing any activity on the portal is usually enough to make me happy lol

thanks. This helps. weird how it takes 3 days to show up on your portal. I applied first batch and got completed June 30th but no news still.

frustration.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application still "received/application complete" status in the portal. Lets hope for great news later. :)

Is there anyone without the official DAT have their status changed to under review in portal?

There hasn't been any activity here for a while - has anyone else had this problem? I was contacted saying:

Letters of evaluation: No.
So I double checked the course subject list they provided and two of my letters were from professors under the biology category. I submitted a total of 4 and the other 2 letters were from a dentist and another professor. Not sure what could have happened :\

There hasn't been any activity here for a while - has anyone else had this problem? I was contacted saying:

Letters of evaluation: No.

I had the same. I emailed them explaining what letters AADSAS had, and that I had 2 science letters. I got an automated reply later that day saying my app was complete.

I had the same. I emailed them explaining what letters AADSAS had, and that I had 2 science letters. I got an automated reply later that day saying my app was complete.
Huh, that's weird haha. Thanks for the help! Hopefully mine gets fixed as soon as yours

Edit: already fixed less than an hour later. Impressive turnaround time :cool:

Last edited:
I got a letter about a potential post December interview. Did anyone else get this???

I've been at "Received/Application Complete" and not "Under Review" even though I received an email saying that they have received all the supplemental.

Should I be worried and send CWRU an email about it?

I was waitlisted for a potential post-December interview. Hopefully there's good news for all of us in the same boat later in the cycle, and good luck to everyone with a pre-Dec interview!! :)

Interview #3????/Waitlist??? :shrug:
School: Case Western
Notification date: 8/18/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

So the email said they want to consider an interview BUT only after December??

Ditto: Waitlisted for a post-December interview just 10 minutes ago. All the best to everyone pre-December!

3.57 GPA
DAT: 26AA, 25 TS, 27 PAT

EDIT: Also, it's my birthday today :laugh:

School: CWRU
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/17/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
GPA (overall) 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/23/none

Extremely excited, especially since I was expecting a late interview after missing the first send out!

Best of luck to everyone!

Just got an interview! So excited for it since I'm from Cleveland!

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, I also received the potential post-December interview email! CWRU has been my first choice, so the game of patience begins :)

Ditto: Waitlisted for a post-December interview just 10 minutes ago. All the best to everyone pre-December!

3.57 GPA
DAT: 26AA, 25 TS, 27 PAT

EDIT: Also, it's my birthday today :laugh:
Wow, if you're already post December that just gives us all more to be worried about haha. Happy birthday though!

Wow, if you're already post December that just gives us all more to be worried about haha. Happy birthday though!

Thanks! I should add, that I am international. So the odds are stacked slightly against me.

I just got the post-december email as well. Sad news bears, y'all.

Just got an interview! I am soooo excited!!!

Thanks! I should add, that I am international. So the odds are stacked slightly against me.
Happy birthday and best luck!!

Interview invite, got the email at 10:13pm yesterday, looks like they're burning the midnight oil in Cleveland!

Status
Not open for further replies.