2020: Official Thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Chuck,
Do you know when the next interview invites come out? My application was completed on 26th August, but I still haven't heard anything back from the school. I'm very anxious waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am! While I know this won't guarantee an applicant an interview (if they are waiting), do you think it reflects in their favor at all? Obviously there are geographic issues that will prevent many applicants to fly across country for the event, but I was wondering in your opinion/experience if admissions will see and take it into consideration at all if someone came to learn more about CWRU because they are very interested?

I think the real main benefit is the interaction with our current students. I know I do ask upon the scheduling of interviews whether you have gone to the open houses that our students host, but that's the only time we request that information. Of course, you could disclose it in the ADEA AADSAS, but I think it adds to the enthusiasm an applicant has in seeking information about admissions. We have so many people that we recruit and accept across the country that it's a little challenging to expect everyone to get to a preview day on our campus. But I know I seek to find additional opportunities to engage with prospective applicants across the country. This is why we have a lot of materials online that we release at various times and do a lot with our social media pages.

Has anyone from batch 7 and after received an invite yet?

... checks my AADSAS under mailings . Yes we have sent invites to applicants from batch 7 and later. Hopefully I'll communicate more later on with new invitations, but please remember we keep interviewing into the spring.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application complete date is 7/8, and I still haven't heard anything from Case. I'm not sure if this is normal..

My application complete date is 7/8, and I still haven't heard anything from Case. I'm not sure if this is normal..
Did you receive an email stating that your application was complete? I have not heard anything either though I mailed out 8/28, so I probably will not hear yet. Hopefully soon :) My aadsas status says, "complete/under review."

Is there a difference between aadsas saying "received/application complete" and "received/under review" for CWRU? I know some schools update it but others don't. Just wondering since mine has said application complete since 8/19

Is there a difference between aadsas saying "received/application complete" and "received/under review" for CWRU? I know some schools update it but others don't. Just wondering since mine has said application complete since 8/19
I am wondering the same thing. Mine is just staying at "application complete" status as well..

I personally don't think there's much of a distinction IMO. The crwu admission office is really on point with updating their applicants via e-mail. If you haven't heard back at all, just be patient. If there's any update on your application, you will get an e-mail from CWRU. I was 3rd batch but I didn't receive my interview invitation until December (with the actual interview much later than that) and I still got accepted eventually.

Reactions: 1 users
If you aren't able to come to the ASDA Open House, here's a short video produced by Alicia (the contact for the Open House) about a day as a D2 student:
. This video has also been shared on our social media pages for easy access as well as on the mobile app.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi, I was wondering if it would be too late to apply to Case Western and if it would be a good idea. I'm an Ohio Resident.
sgpa 3.43, ogpa 3.58. DAT AA20 TS19 Reading25 QR20 nothing under 17. Would I have a chance?

Hi, I was wondering if it would be too late to apply to Case Western and if it would be a good idea. I'm an Ohio Resident.
sgpa 3.43, ogpa 3.58. DAT AA20 TS19 Reading25 QR20 nothing under 17. Would I have a chance?

Yeah they interview into next spring...do it!

Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Clinic formally celebrated the groundbreaking and commencement of construction of a new interprofessional health education campus that will house the educational programs for the School of Medicine, the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, and the School of Dental Medicine.

University press release: http://cwru-daily.com/news/cwru-and...-health-education-campus-to-open-summer-2019/
Cleveland Plain Dealer news story: http://www.cleveland.com/architectu...land_clinic_cwru_break_gr.html#incart_m-rpt-1
WKYC news story: http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/heal...nic-case-western-reserve-university/73144310/

Anticipated opening is scheduled for summer of 2019. This means that beginning with this year's applicants for the DMD Class of 2020, students will anticipate spending time in a new clinical facility. More information to be disseminated on our social media channels.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely exciting news. The new building looks absolutely amazing, and I am glad to see that CWRU is a forerunner in pushing for advancement health education under one roof with state of the art technology and equipment. Cleveland clinic is a world-renown institution and the CWRU medical school is constantly ranked as one of the best medical school in the nation. With even more and more emphasis on interprofessional collaboration, each of the different schools (dental, medical, nursing) will definitely help elevate each other in advancement in science and healthcare. With this move, the CWRU dental school really puts itself as the next big thing in dental education. Applicants should find the new technology and equipment and innovation in the curriculum to be desirable. With the opportunity to collaborate with other world-class institutions to delivery patient-centered care, CWRU is really ahead of the curve in preparing their graduates for new changes in dentistry.

Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Clinic formally celebrated the groundbreaking and commencement of construction of a new interprofessional health education campus that will house the educational programs for the School of Medicine, the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, and the School of Dental Medicine.

University press release: http://cwru-daily.com/news/cwru-and...-health-education-campus-to-open-summer-2019/
Cleveland Plain Dealer news story: http://www.cleveland.com/architectu...land_clinic_cwru_break_gr.html#incart_m-rpt-1
WKYC news story: http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/heal...nic-case-western-reserve-university/73144310/

Anticipated opening is scheduled for summer of 2019. This means that beginning with this year's applicants for the DMD Class of 2020, students will anticipate spending time in a new clinical facility. More information to be disseminated on our social media channels.

Yeah now I REALLY hope I get an interview here!!! This is so exciting and awesome

Well folks, I think it's now safe to say Case is done sending invites until January

Hi Dr. Chuck how are you? I hope all is well.

Would it be possible to connect with a student from your school? I wanted to ask some questions to someone who is currently attending, to gain some perspective from the student's point of view (if possible).

Thank you in advance!

Hi Dr. Chuck how are you? I hope all is well.

Would it be possible to connect with a student from your school? I wanted to ask some questions to someone who is currently attending, to gain some perspective from the student's point of view (if possible).

Thank you in advance!

If you follow us on social media, you know about our ASDA open house, and a video about D2 life. I will be sending out a video conversation with three students later in the cycle.

I am having trouble finding a list of materials that I need to bring for the interview on the presentation. What did everyone else bring besides the Eventbrite ticket?

Do anyone know that Case send out rejections as well? Has been no news for me and my app was completed/reviewed mid August!

Anyone interviewing at Case on the 21st? :D I'm so excited!!!!

My flight got cancelled due to bad weather. And I won't make it to the interview tomorrow morning :bang:

Re-taking the DAT next Friday. Hoping to get off the Hold List. #determined :horns:

Is anyone interviewing Nov 2nd? Ill be there November 1st if anyone wants to meet up

Hey did you make it to the interview? I guess if you explain to the school , they will probably understand.
I called and they were able to make some change! Love it!

Do anyone know that Case send out rejections as well? Has been no news for me and my app was completed/reviewed mid August!

I'm wondering this as well! I was 6th batch and haven't heard a peep.

I'm wondering this as well! I was 6th batch and haven't heard a peep.
Just heard from a friend that they do send out rejections! So hang in there guys!!! Group hug...

Reactions: 2 users
Went to take DAT today... 3/5 way through the test... PROMETRIC CENTER CRASHES. Aghhhhhh... everything is lost. #frustrated still #determined :horns: :boom:

Is it too late to apply to Case? I looked in the ADEA guide and it seemed like there was a low amount of students with MS degrees. Is Case receptive to students with high GPAs in MS programs ?

Has anyone from batch 9 or higher receive an invite?

I did a quick analysis of many of the applicants we have interviewed, but this should not be construed anything more than just a preliminary scan. I see interview candidates have included those whose first mailings were in double-digits (10+) but not that many of them. We do have a lot of applicant files (with mailings < 10) still awaiting completing of screening and some that are still pending required information to start screening. Regardless, we do intend to keep interviewing through the spring semester until the class fills up in April or so.

We will celebrate with everyone on December 1, and will analyze the pool again before extending invitations for the spring semester (since many who may be in our pool may opt out because of offers they receive).

Last edited:
Had an interview there yesterday and absolutely loved it. The interview day was very personal and the interviewers themselves were super laid back. You could tell the staff and students really loved the school and did a great job at making you feel like they wanted you to attend.

Dear Dr. Chuck,
How do we connect to the live webchat on Sunday? I have my Eventbrite ticket but I'm unsure about how to connect.
Thank you!

Dear Dr. Chuck,
How do we connect to the live webchat on Sunday? I have my Eventbrite ticket but I'm unsure about how to connect.
Thank you!
I'm still confirming attendance among those who want to join the live session. After registration closes, directions will be sent to everyone who wanted to join the live session online.

The webchat regarding December 1 is done, and a weblink will be sent to those who requested access by 10pm ET.
Dear Dr. Chuck,
Do you send the link to those who participated, or to those who specifically asked for the link for the recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.