2020: Official Thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dr. Chuck,
Do you send the link to those who participated, or to those who specifically asked for the link for the recording?
Did you not get the link?

Members don't see this ad.

presents AADSAS meme.jpg

The seven day meme countdown on the CWRU SODM social media pages has begun!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year some people got the email around 3 am.. Will be up all night!

Reactions: 1 user
Case rejection for an interview email just now...that hurt considering they interview so late into next year :(

And my academic update and new research opportunity were not even on file yet

Just got an email about a form to fill out to show interest for spring semester interviews.

Email for potential spring interview after a survey just now

Members don't see this ad :)
For the link, how did you guys fill out?
Under "would you like your file to remain under consideration for an interview in the spring (January to March/April)?" I clicked YES but the next page is asking me about the rationale behind my decision to withdrawal my application:S

Hello everyone:

If you received the email surveying your availability for spring interviews: thank you for letting me know there was an error in the decision-tree setup. The setup for the form has been corrected. I usually will take your latest response so if you are concerned, wait until later in the day to complete the form again.

Sincerely,
Emil Chuck, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone:

If you received the email surveying your availability for spring interviews: thank you for letting me know there was an error in the decision-tree setup. The setup for the form has been corrected. I usually will take your latest response so if you are concerned, wait until later in the day to complete the form again.

Sincerely,
Emil Chuck, Ph.D.
Director of Admissions
Dr. Chuck,

The problem posted above is still happening.

Just got my ecard for my acceptance! Stoked to get some love from Cleveland!

Accepted at Case! So amped right now!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance e-card, too! VICTORY DANCE INDEED! :banana:
(Thank GOD Case is so prompt!)

Thank you so much Dr. Chuck! This is great, exactly what I needed! Now I can go to sleep in peace

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! So happy! I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders lol.

Thank you Dr. Chuck and congratulations to everyone! So exciting :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!! Case western!!!!

Will you guys be sending out acceptance emails throughout tomorrow as well?

Just a reminder to all who will anticipate acceptance letters later in the day, there is a class Facebook page that has been set up already. You'll get the link in the email, and (if I'm good at some level of self-control) I'll probably bulk-approve later on.

Email 9:47am! No E-card, but acceptance nonethless!

All survey forms seem to be functioning properly, so I am befuddled why people are still calling the Office of Admissions saying the forms are not working for them. If there is a problem email me.

Thank you for all of those who have submitted their spring interview availability responses. Even though there was a small glitch in the data assembly last night that I corrected, I have received over 500 responses (though I have to see how many are redundant responses). I assure you that a confirmation of your status will be sent after the survey closes, but it may take me quite a while to get all of this done.

Emailed Dr. Chuck to be removed from the Alternate List! I hope someone here on SDN gets "bumped up"!

If any future applicants turn back to this thread to reference:
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 7/7/15
Interview invitation on: 8/18/15
E-card received on: 12/1/15 (thank-you e-card for attending Webchat)
Decision notified on: 12/1/15 via email (placed on Alternate List); no AADSAS portal change
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.43 (with formal post-bacc included)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/21/no

It was a privilege to visit Case and I congratulate the incoming Class of 2020!

Last edited:
Last year I was middle third of waitlist for Case and yesterday I got my deny interview email for this cycle. How depressing is that ! haha

Interviewees!!! Delta Sigma Delta is a co-ed dental fraternity at Case Western. We are opening our doors to any interviewee that is looking for a place to stay during your interview for $50 a night.

At the moment, we have two 4th years, two 3rd years, two 2nd years, and two 1st years living in the house... it's a great opportunity for you to ask questions about our dental school experiences while staying with us. For more information, please go to:

http://casedelts.weebly.com/interviewer-room.html

Please send an email to [email protected] if you are interested in staying with us.

Thanks and congrats!!!

Dr. Chuck when will the spring interview be released? Also if I updated new DAT score after the initial submission of AADSAS would the admissions office know that there is new score?

I have gone through over 1000 responses (including duplications) to be sure I have accurately recorded peoples' intentions to be considered for spring interviews. Withdrawal notices have been sent to capture those who had the original survey for spring interviews fall into junk mail before I send out email confirmations for those who still wish to be considered.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.