2020: Official Thread CWRU School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dr. Chuck,

Case is on the list of schools that participate in the ADEA background check but I did not get an email from Aadsas?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected without interview a few days ago. Thank you Dr. Chuck for the consideration.

I received an interview invite today!
I'm extremely excited for this opportunity!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you :)
I scheduled for January 12. Do you also have an interview coming up?

When did you apply? I'm trying to figure out if I still have a chance at an interview here. I didn't apply until late september.

If we didn't get a spring email like others here, does that mean a rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invitation today! So thrilled to visit CWRU SoDM!!:)

Reactions: 4 users
Just received an interview invitation today! So thrilled to visit CWRU SoDM!!:)
When s your complete date ? I completed on 10/2 and haven't heard anything back..
I filled the form about spring interview availability.

Congrats. By phone or email?
Thank you! I was notified by email. I finished my app in september but it wasn't mailed out until 10/16 according to AADSAS! Best of luck to you both!!

Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Chuck, I have a post December interview, are we interviewing for the waitlist??

Dr. Chuck, I have a post December interview, are we interviewing for the waitlist??
No, the website says they admit people on the 15th of each month through at least March. Plus, the deadline to apply isn't until tomorrow, so there are spots available.

Dr. Chuck, what are the reasons some applicants get waitlisted?

An update on the admissions process: the Admissions Committee has scheduled its next meeting for the end of January to review as many candidate files as possible from interviews conducted through end of January as long as all interview feedback is received. Consequently no offers are expected to be issued until after this session, pending any other deliberations that may need to take place. I hope that we can send out notifications in early to mid-February. To everyone who is waiting on decisions, including all alternates, I appreciate your patience in this situation.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else's status still "Application Complete"? Is that ok during this time, or does someone recommend shooting them an email?

Also, anyone know when the nect interview batch might be?

An update on the admissions process: the Admissions Committee has scheduled its next meeting for the end of January to review as many candidate files as possible from interviews conducted through end of January as long as all interview feedback is received. Consequently no offers are expected to be issued until after this session, pending any other deliberations that may need to take place. I hope that we can send out notifications in early to mid-February. To everyone who is waiting on decisions, including all alternates, I appreciate your patience in this situation.
Dear Dr. Chuck (@casedentalmed),
I sent out my academic update in December, and AADSAS sent out to all the schools (including CWRU in early Jan). Will the committee be reviewing it as well? Or just reviewing the candidates who have had interviews? I have not heard back from CRWU at all since I applied in July, and was hoping the academic update would help enhance my application for a possible interview. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hi guys, for those of you who received an email in December asking if you still want to be considered for a potential interview for the spring, and said Yes. Have you heard anything yet? I was wondering if the committee has started reviewing more post-academic-update applicants, or they are still in the process of evaluating those who already had the interview. Thank!

Hi guys, for those of you who received an email in December asking if you still want to be considered for a potential interview for the spring, and said Yes. Have you heard anything yet? I was wondering if the committee has started reviewing more post-academic-update applicants, or they are still in the process of evaluating those who already had the interview. Thank!
I haven't heard anything yet

Still "Application Complete" for me, as well as three other schools.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your GPAs? My undergrad GPA is my weakest part of my application (although im in a master's program now). I thought maybe the applications with higher GPAs get "under review" first? Not sure how else, since it wouldn't be alphabetical order with me. I also submitted mine early- the day after aadsas opened.

I would love more than anything to get into Case... that being said I have yet to be rejected...so I'm assuming there is still a chance?

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't heard anything since my academic update was sent to schools a month and half ago. Hopefully they are making a decision for interview soon.

Is CWRU SODM using a pass/fail system? I've heard from some that they now utilize a traditional A/B/C/D/F system. Thank you.

Is CWRU SODM using a pass/fail system? I've heard from some that they now utilize a traditional A/B/C/D/F system. Thank you.

I think they use a combination of the two systems. Some classes make more sense to be pass/fail while others make more sense to be the traditional grading scale. I think other schools operate this way as well.

Any news from the school? I'm wondering if they have sent out all invitations for the rest of interviews till April.... Really hope to get an interview at Case

Just got an interview invite! So excited to interview at Case!!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.