DO 22 mcat, 3.4 GPA, post bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owl2882

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got my mcat scores back today and I'm pretty bummed out over it.

I was hoping I'd do better. I got 22 on the Mcats. And my GPA is 3.4 with a Masters in Biology. I've done research and presented it to a conference, shadowed, and spent many hours volunteering at local hospitals. I also have letters of recommendations from various physicians and professors.

I signed up for another mcat in September right after I got home from the mcat I just got back. I am still prepping for it.

But before I take the exam and in the situation that I don't feel good at all about the mcats I take in September, would it be better to skip out on the entire application cycle? Or are there some lower tier schools that I can try for and have a viable chance?

Members don't see this ad.

No chance with a 22 (md anyway)

Give yourself enough time for a retake and apply next year.

No chance with a 22 (md anyway)

Give yourself enough time for a retake and apply next year.

Aha yeah I had a feeling. Sigh* So do you think i shouldn't take the exam in the upcoming september? maybe postpone it?

I'm looking at DO schools too.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Aha yeah I had a feeling. Sigh* So do you think i shouldn't take the exam in the upcoming september? maybe postpone it?

I'm looking at DO schools too.

I can't say much for DO schools but I'm willing to say it isn't good for those schools either.

I'd postpone. Don't rush your retake

same boat as you...3.4 gpa and a 22 MCAT....I dont know if I should retake in september or just take a year off and apply again...
I'm looking primarily at DO schools