22 to 24 in a week!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenn2345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am in an early acceptance program and I only need to get a 24 on my mcat, and I know it sounds ridiculously easy to do. I'm sure many of you have no problem scoring a 24 on your first try without studying; but the MCAT is a real struggle for me. I've been studying for it all year off and on throughout school year and consistently since May began. I have a lot of trouble with this exam and my practice scores are consistently hovering around 22 with an average of 23. My MCAT is 2 weeks from today, I've been praying on this for a long time. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to boost my scores just a bit for the real deal. I've been given an incredible blessing to be in this program and I am not about to waste it. My last practice score was a 22 PS:8 VR:7 BS:7 my highest was a 25 PS:8 VR:8 BS: 9 AAMC 8 and 4 respectively. Please help!

BTW I've taken 7 kaplan full lengths and 5 AAMCs thus far! I get high 20s on Kaplan and even a 30 on Kaplan 2, but that curve is really intense and these scores do not translate into my AAMC scores.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're scoring that low on the sciences, you are lacking in content review. Verbal you can't really fix in such a short amount of time, but I would buckle down and really learn the concepts for PS in depth for the next two weeks, as well as learn some of more high yield topics for biology again.

You wont score any higher than an 8 in the sciences without proper knowledge on the concepts

Members don't see this ad :)
Time to shell out money and get a private tutor to help you increase your score. The easiest one would be improving the bio section. At this point forget trying to increase verbal.

Let's say I do get a tutor for the week, do you think a 24 is possible within such a short time?

Time to shell out money and get a private tutor to help you increase your score. The easiest one would be improving the bio section. At this point forget trying to increase verbal.[/QUOTE

I think you should really memorize most, if not all, the equations from the PS section if you haven't already! I think that is a huge help. I know that a ton of molecular genetics is on the BS section so if you could watch some Khan Academy tutor youtube videos that might help too. Good luck!

Thanks! I actually feel like I have close to all the equations memorized, I think I just have a problem of recognizing when to use them or how to manipulate them into what the question is asking for. And yeah I'm totally on the whole bio train right now since it might be easier to improve. I am a bio major and know a lot of the information its just those dang passages. Thanks for your advice!

I think you should really memorize most, if not all, the equations from the PS section if you haven't already! I think that is a huge help. I know that a ton of molecular genetics is on the BS section so if you could watch some Khan Academy tutor youtube videos that might help too. Good luck!

Got my score back today!! I did it, by the grace of God!! I'm going to medical school next fall!!

Reactions: 2 users