25 mcat. 3.4 undergrad. 3.2 grad school. should i retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoyas9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a 25 on the mcat but not sure if i should retake in January. I assume MD is out, but not sure if these stats are okay for DO? My PS and BS were high, but my verbal is what brought my down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for some good verbal practice material? I've already gone thru the EK 101 book, and i've done the verbal self assessment from aamc. So any other material that is helpful would be great!

And I just took the test in the beginning of October so i'm not sure if taking the AAMC practice tests again would help since it's so recent..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How low is your VR score? I believe many schools require a minimum of a 6.

For extra VR practice, you can try the Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook. The workbook contains 40 verbal passages and 4 full-length verbal exams. Unfortunately, the only way to officially get the workbook is by enrolling in the TPR course. But I am sure you can buy the workbook secondhand from a variety of sources.

How low is your VR score? I believe many schools require a minimum of a 6.

For extra VR practice, you can try the Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook. The workbook contains 40 verbal passages and 4 full-length verbal exams. Unfortunately, the only way to officially get the workbook is by enrolling in the TPR course. But I am sure you can buy the workbook secondhand from a variety of sources.

a 6 is what i got!

I think a 25 is good enough for quite a few DO schools, but your 3.2 graduate school GPA may raise a few eyebrows. Any explanation?

It's just that the general opinion portrays graduate school classes as heavily inflated grade-wise, and that everyone gets a high GPA. It may not be a fair assumption, but unfortunately, that seems to be the general view towards graduate/master's degrees.