25 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almostadoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a 25 on the mcat (9 ps, 9 bs, 7 v), and I have a 3.6 sGPA with a strong upward trend. I went to an early college as a part of my high school, so I am supposed to be a sophomore this year, but I am graduating instead. My grades were not that good in my early college, but at the university I am graduating from, I have made all A's and one B in dance.

My question is: will my grades from my early college also count? (has already been answer, thank you!)

Also, I did a lot of hospital/hospice volunteering while I was a part of the early college program, but not so much in my time here. Am I allowed to include this - even though it was technically still in high school...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I made a 25 on the mcat (9 ps, 9 bs, 7 v), and I have a 3.6 sGPA with a strong upward trend. I went to an early college as a part of my high school, so I am supposed to be a sophomore this year, but I am graduating instead. My grades were not that good in my early college, but at the university I am graduating from, I have made all A's and one B in dance.

Are you asking what your chances are for the application cycle? If so you should post it in the What Are My Chances forum.

My question is: will my grades from
All of your college grades will count towards your GPA and med schools will see them all.

and yes, I can read minds.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I see my sarcastic reply may have been pre-mature.

Oh well, OP never did finish their sentence.

And you can delete your post if you pay to become an SDN Donor! :D

Well I see my sarcastic reply may have been pre-mature.

Oh well, OP never did finish their sentence.

And you can delete your post if you pay to become an SDN Donor! :D

Ok, thank you! And it was funny haha

I would retake the MCAT just to increase your chances. Yes it is true that you have a chance at newer schools, but why not expand them to all DOs. My guess is you're younger than 20 anyways. I would take a year off, retake the MCAT, and work on my application overall and apply then. You will still be younger than the vast majority of applicants

Last edited:
I would retake the MCAT just to increase your chances. Yes it is true that you have a chance at newer schools, but why not expand them to all DOs. My guessing is you're younger than 20 anyways. I would take a year off retake the MCAT and work on my application overall and apply then. You will still be younger than the vast majority of applicants

Thanks for replying! I was a bit scared looking at the new MCAT, so I kind of rushed to take this one. I don't think I would want to go through the mental torture again. I do have a year off after graduating this May... I hope I get in this cycle because I really would not know what to do with myself if I had two years off. Would you say LECOM-Bradenton, NOVA or TOURO-CA are far reach? I am a NC resident.

Touro CA is out of reach because they value high MCATs. Lecom-B is in reach. Honestly since you're in NC your best shots will be CUSOM. VCOM all campuses, LMU-DCOM, ACOM and PCOM-GA are all good chances. Don't know specifically about NOVA because I chose not to apply there, but my guess is no because they receive a lot of apps with higher MCAT scores.

Throw a wide net. YOU ONLY NEED ONE

Thanks for replying! I was a bit scared looking at the new MCAT, so I kind of rushed to take this one. I don't think I would want to go through the mental torture again. I do have a year off after graduating this May... I hope I get in this cycle because I really would not know what to do with myself if I had two years off. Would you say LECOM-Bradenton, NOVA or TOURO-CA are far reach? I am a NC resident.

Touro CA is out of reach because they value high MCATs. Lecom-B is in reach. Honestly since you're in NC your best shots will be CUSOM. VCOM all campuses, LMU-DCOM, ACOM and PCOM-GA are all good chances. Don't know specifically about NOVA because I chose not to apply there, but my guess is no because they receive a lot of apps with higher MCAT scores.

Throw a wide net. YOU ONLY NEED ONE

Thank you so much! How many schools do you think I should apply to? I will probably apply to all of the seven you listed for sure.

Also, how are your EC. Scores are only one aspect of your application, and 2 years as a dedicated college student doesn't seem like a long time. I know that I wouldn't have been ready EC wise after 2 years. Since you were speeding through school make sure you have volunteering, leadership, and all that jazz

As many as you can afford honestly. The only ones I wouldn't apply to are the ones you have zero chance at. Like I believe AZCOM didn't offer interviews to anyone with <29 this year. Even though the schools like TOURO CA want 30+ if you have something amazing you "could" pique their attention with your PS or something. with a 25 your realistic chances are the new schools, but I've heard of crazier things happening

Reactions: 1 user
Also, how are your EC. Scores are only one aspect of your application, and 2 years as a dedicated college student doesn't seem like a long time. I know that I wouldn't have been ready EC wise after 2 years. Since you were speeding through school make sure you have volunteering, leadership, and all that jazz

I am a bit apprehensive about this as well. In my two years here, I have done research at a local hospital in the summer for 3 months, research in the health psychology department for 2 years, taught as a supplemental instructor for biology for a semester, volunteer notetaker for disability services for a semester, volunteered at local nursing homes and food pantries (periodically), & worked as a research intern in the environmental engineering department for a year. I am also the president of a club on campus and we do a lot of volunteering especially with the homeless population. I am thinking about volunteering with Hospice again - I volunteered with them for 2 years while I was in my early college program. I also did a LOT of volunteering & interning at hospitals and local clinics while in the program, but I don't know if schools will look at this as something I did in high school.

Last edited:
You have enough I believe. Way more than I thought you would have lol. I had the same thought at the very end, but now thinking about it they shouldn't "consider" it high school because its within the last couple years. Your story breaks the mold for that high school rule

You have enough I believe. Way more than I thought you would have lol. I had the same thought at the very end, but now thinking about it they shouldn't "consider" it high school because its within the last couple years. Your story breaks the mold for that high school rule

Thank you so much! I really hope that it will count as well.

Another thing is I think they might have a question about immaturity due your age, so a question may come up in the interview just know how to answer it. Not saying it will, but I know that would be my question a 19-20 year old is interviewing

Another thing is I think they might have a question about immaturity due your age, so a question may come up in the interview just know how to answer it. Not saying it will, but I know that would be my question a 19-20 year old is interviewing

Okay, thank you. Hopefully I don't completely mess up the interview.