25 MCAT, What are my chances at DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chacha89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT and GPA are not very competitive but I don't want to completely give up my chances at med school. I'm thinking of applying to almost ALL DO schools EXCEPT MSU, AZCOM, UMDNJ and NYCOM.

MCAT: 25
sGPA: 3.19
cGPA: 3.25

I have a letter from the head of orthopaedics at Loyola (MD) and a DO I shadowed.
100+ volunteer hours
Exec board, and EC's
Undergrad research (not published)
worked throughout college and URM - hispanic

From IL so will be applying to CUCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Chances good at most, but not all COM's.

My MCAT and GPA are not very competitive but I don't want to completely give up my chances at med school. I'm thinking of applying to almost ALL DO schools EXCEPT MSU, AZCOM, UMDNJ and NYCOM.

I have a letter from the head of orthopaedics at Loyola (MD) and a DO I shadowed.
100+ volunteer hours
Exec board, and EC's

Chances look solid if you apply broadly. GL

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply early (have your stuff ready to go by July) and broadly, which are you doing. I got in with a 25 MCAT last cycle, so your outlook is not bleak.

100+ volunteer hours
Exec board, and EC's

You may get a few interviews if you apply broadly, but with those stats, do you feel like you would succeed in medical school if you do gain an acceptance? Perhaps retaking a few classes would benefit you or a post-bacc to ensure you're prepared. :)