26, 4.0 postbac GPA, 3.9 cGPA, Law Degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salsasunrise123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering what you all think my chances are and what schools you think I should apply to. I got a 26 (8-8-10) and have a 4.0 gpa from my career changer postbac program and 3.9 cGPA from undergrad. I went to law school after college before making switch. I am first author on 1 journal article, have many hours of volunteering and shadowing and have been working in healthcare for past year. Obviously, I think I'm pretty much restricted to DO, which is fine. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

you have a good chance at most DO schools except the DO schools that prefer instate students. What is your state of residence? According to the AAMC grid, you have a greater than 30% chance of being accepted to a MD school based on your MCAT score and GPA. I hope you plan on applying next cycle and not this cycle for MD since you're late for the MD cycle. The DO cycle is longer so you can still apply DO this year if you want.

I'm a PA resident with ties to NY (went to undergrad and law school there
). My top 2 schools are PCOM and NYIT. What do you think my chances are there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a PA resident with ties to NY (went to undergrad and law school there
). My top 2 schools are PCOM and NYIT. What do you think my chances are there?

The average MCAT score of NYIT matriculants is 28 but I think you have a good shot there, especially with your GPA. I don't know much about PCOM but I would imagine you have a good shot there too. Before you submit any DO secondaries, make sure you check out the admissions sites of the DO schools and check that you meet all their requirements. Some of these schools require a DO letter but most don't.

If you're interested in MD, you could apply to the public MD school in your state for this cycle and hope for the best.

I'd say you're fine for all DO programs, except maybe Touro-Ny and -CA, and CCOM, since they like really high MCAT scores.

Hello, I was wondering what you all think my chances are and what schools you think I should apply to. I got a 26 (8-8-10) and have a 4.0 gpa from my career changer postbac program and 3.9 cGPA from undergrad. I went to law school after college before making switch. I am first author on 1 journal article, have many hours of volunteering and shadowing and have been working in healthcare for past year. Obviously, I think I'm pretty much restricted to DO, which is fine. Any feedback would be appreciated.

anyone else have an opinion? should I retake? I really want to get into either PCOM or NYCOM.

anyone else have an opinion? should I retake? I really want to get into either PCOM or NYCOM.
dude goro replied to you. He is DO ADCOM. Not getting a better opinion then that.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone recommend some MD schools that I can apply to as a reach? I already applied to TCMC.