26 MCAT TCOM and AACOMAS URM? Broad Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDO08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add a few more of the newer schools and schools where the median MCAT is closer to 26:
ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
Ok I'll definitely add those in! Do you think I have a shot at any of the ones I applied to including TCOM and do you think Im I right in assuming URM won't help me out? I feel if it helps, it may only help in a public or state funded school, not private like DO. I've been told that it's going to help a lot but my inbox is II free so I don't think so lol.
I need to check the schools I haven't gotten a secondary from but are there any that have the secondary open instead of emailing like TCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Add a few more of the newer schools and schools where the median MCAT is closer to 26:
ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM

Alright, I've added the schools in! I added in LUCOM as well. Sorry, I meant to reply in my previous post but didn't click "reply"

Do you think I have a shot at any of the ones I applied to including TCOM and do you think Im I right in assuming URM won't help me out? I feel if it helps, it may only help in a public or state funded school, not private like DO. I've been told that it's going to help a lot but my inbox is II free so I don't think so lol.
I need to check the schools I haven't gotten a secondary from but are there any that have the secondary open instead of emailing like TCOM?

Alright, I've added the schools in! I added in LUCOM as well. Sorry, I meant to reply in my previous post but didn't click "reply"

Do you think I have a shot at any of the ones I applied to including TCOM and do you think Im I right in assuming URM won't help me out? I feel if it helps, it may only help in a public or state funded school, not private like DO. I've been told that it's going to help a lot but my inbox is II free so I don't think so lol.
URM should help you. Interview season usually starts in September or October for DO and lasts until April. You could receive an II anytime between now and April so just be patient.

Just wanted to say good luck! I have somewhat similar stats. Here's to hoping we both get in!

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I wouldn't count on TCOM even with your URM status, the reason being they're currently 3.60/28 and they get thousands of applications...

Honestly I wouldn't count on TCOM even with your URM status, the reason being they're currently 3.60/28 and they get thousands of applications...

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. It'd be awesome, it's like 20 minutes away!

URM should help you. Interview season usually starts in September or October for DO and lasts until April. You could receive an II anytime between now and April so just be patient.

Got it, patience is hard when it comes to Med school! But it's a marathon so I might as well get used to it lol

You have a good chance of getting in! Make sure to prepare well for interviews and blow everyone away once you get there. Good luck!

You have a good chance of getting in! Make sure to prepare well for interviews and blow everyone away once you get there. Good luck!

I'm going to have to look into some good med school interview skills. I deal with management and new people everyday in my job but I'm sure I'll be nervous during the interviews (provided I'm invited to one). I'm told there's a good book that helps get some technique down to elaborate on your strenghts but relates to jobs. "60 seconds and you're hired" if you're interested

I'm going to have to look into some good med school interview skills. I deal with management and new people everyday in my job but I'm sure I'll be nervous during the interviews (provided I'm invited to one). I'm told there's a good book that helps get some technique down to elaborate on your strenghts but relates to jobs. "60 seconds and you're hired" if you're interested
Yes, I think its a great idea to so as many mock interviews as you can, prepare for questions, etc. The interview, application process in general, should be treated like everything else we study and prepare so hard for in our undergrad careers. Thanks for the book tip!

ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM
Thanks for the advice, I have an interview next week at BCOM! Hope it goes well

ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
WCU-COM

I wanted to say thanks again, I got accepted to BCOM today and I have an interview at WCU. Not sure If I'll attend WCU but I'm really excited about BCOM. I researched it a lot and really like it. Best of luck to all

Reactions: 3 users