28 MCAT 3.3 cGPA 3.15 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ENGL1GHTENED

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double thread, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the title

Greetings all, I thank you in advance for reading this thread. I scored a 28M last year on the MCAT and have a 3.29 AAMCOS calculated GPA. As far as ECs I have

Volunteered at a hospice for 2 years
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Worked as a literacy coordinator for my county's library system for a year
I've done research isolating conotoxins
Research in conservation genetics
Shadowed 2 doctors 1 an MD the other a DO
Started a nonprofit that sends water filters to regions in need
Coached youth basketball

What are my chances at any DO school(s)? Would the islands be possible? And if so can anyone throw so recommendations out there?

Now here's where I need some honest advice, and again thanks for taking the time, I greatly appreciate it.

I took the MCAT last May and scored a 28 on it. Not bad, but not great. I am registered to take it again on the 5/11 (less than 2 days away ). The problem is I have only scored above my first score once on the AAMC practice test, AAMC 5, I got a 30. And on the others I have been at 28. I'm scared crapless of the possibility of receiving a LOWER score on my retake. I will take it, and if I mark more than 5 in each section, I will elect to void the exam. Should I void at the slightest possibility of a lower score? And for those who might know, what would be a good number of "marked" answers that would indicate that voiding may be in my best interest?

p.s. I'm aware that I spelled my username wrong, apparently I'm not as enlightened as I thought

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the double thread, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the title

Greetings all, I thank you in advance for reading this thread. I scored a 28M last year on the MCAT and have a 3.29 AAMCOS calculated GPA. As far as ECs I have

Volunteered at a hospice for 2 years
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Worked as a literacy coordinator for my county's library system for a year
I've done research isolating conotoxins
Research in conservation genetics
Shadowed 2 doctors 1 an MD the other a DO
Started a nonprofit that sends water filters to regions in need
Coached youth basketball

What are my chances at any DO school(s)? Would the islands be possible? And if so can anyone throw so recommendations out there?

Now here's where I need some honest advice, and again thanks for taking the time, I greatly appreciate it.

I took the MCAT last May and scored a 28 on it. Not bad, but not great. I am registered to take it again on the 5/11 (less than 2 days away ). The problem is I have only scored above my first score once on the AAMC practice test, AAMC 5, I got a 30. And on the others I have been at 28. I'm scared crapless of the possibility of receiving a LOWER score on my retake. I will take it, and if I mark more than 5 in each section, I will elect to void the exam. Should I void at the slightest possibility of a lower score? And for those who might know, what would be a good number of "marked" answers that would indicate that voiding may be in my best interest?

p.s. I'm aware that I spelled my username wrong, apparently I'm not as enlightened as I thought

With these stats and ECs, you will get multiple interviews... You should not risk retaking the MCAT if there is a possibility you might get a lower score. A lower score will have harmful effect in your application. I would not even go to the testing center IMO because there is no way of knowing what you will get after taking the test. Also, if you only score one 30 in your AAMC FLs, there is a high probability you will get something closer to your previous score or even a lower score.