29 MCAT 3.5 sGPA and cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gimme treelines

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 29O on my MCAT with 12 BS 10 VR and 7 PS (I don't know what happened I thought this was the easiest secton of my test.) That was the second time I had taken it the first time I had 8's across the board.

I had 3.5 sGPA and cGPA in undergrad and currently have a 3.92 GPA in grad school at New York Medical College. I am a Ohio resident and have good EC's and letters.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

If you look at the School Selection spreadsheet stickied to the top of this forum, scroll right to the PS bottom tenth percentile column (BF), you'll see that there are some schools with that range, among them Wright and USC.

With a PS of 7, and both an MCAT score and cGPA below the mean for those accepted, and considering that the GPA from a traditional masters program doesn't impact the decision making process, I'd judge your chances of an allo acceptance as not high enough to be comfortable. You would significantly improve your chances of an acceptance this cycle if you are adding DO schools to your list. Retaking the MCAT is another option.