29M MCAT/3.7 GPA Volunteer+Research+ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelseycook08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really hoping to get into IUSM this next year. I have already had an interview that went well and I am just wondering if I really have a chance at making it in. I got a 29M on the MCAT and have a 3.66 GPA. I have shadowed a physician for 20 hrs... volunteered at a clinic for 30 hrs with many other volunteer positions as well. I have had 1 year of research experience. I will be graduating a semester early with my undergrad in chemistry (honors) and pre-med. Please give me an idea of my chances either at IUSM or any MD school really. Thanks!

Oh! and I am an Indiana resident.

My MCAT break down was PhySci:10 BioSci:10 Verbal:9 so the scores were pretty even. I hope that helps =/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am really hoping to get into IUSM this next year. I have already had an interview that went well and I am just wondering if I really have a chance at making it in. I got a 29M on the MCAT and have a 3.66 GPA. I have shadowed a physician for 20 hrs... volunteered at a clinic for 30 hrs with many other volunteer positions as well. I have had 1 year of research experience. I will be graduating a semester early with my undergrad in chemistry (honors) and pre-med. Please give me an idea of my chances either at IUSM or any MD school really. Thanks!

Oh! and I am an Indiana resident.

If you got an interview, they obviously liked you. You probably have a good chance of getting in. If it went well, I'd say you have at least a 50-70% chance of getting in IUSM. As for other MD schools, you probably have a decent chance at getting into a lower tier school. Your GPA and MCAT are a little bit below average and you don't seem to have much clinical experience (150 is avg).