3.02 cGPA 2.90 sGPA URM Pending MCAT taken 9/18/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

properdoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Past MCATs:
Date: 8/15/13
Score: 6/9/4=19
and
Date: 7/25/14
Score: 8/6/8=22

Biology major

4 months and counting as ED medical scribe

100+ hour clinical volunteering

50+ hours shadowing

No research

MD schools
Meharry
Morehouse
Howard
Mercer
Medical College of GA
Emory
Drexel
Commonwealth
Wright State
SUNY downstate
Albany
Indiana
Quinnapic

AACOMAS 3.27cGPA 3.26sGPA
DO schools
PCOM-GA
(Any suggestions of schools to add?)

Members don't see this ad.

URM or not, no medical school is doing you any favors by admitting you when the evidence of your GPA and MCAT suggest that you will not survive a medical school curriculum.

Past MCATs:
Date: 8/15/13
Score: 6/9/4=19
and
Date: 7/25/14
Score: 8/6/8=22

Biology major

4 months and counting as ED medical scribe

100+ hour clinical volunteering

50+ hours shadowing

No research

MD schools
Meharry
Morehouse
Howard
Mercer
Medical College of GA
Emory
Drexel
Commonwealth
Wright State
SUNY downstate
Albany
Indiana
Quinnapic

AACOMAS 3.27cGPA 3.26sGPA
DO schools
PCOM-GA
(Any suggestions of schools to add?)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. That will help with my GPA for DO schools. What about MD schools?

Thanks for the advice. That will help with my GPA for DO schools. What about MD schools?
You need to do way better on the MCAT. As it stands, you would be wasting your money applying to MD schools with a 22 regardless of anything else on your resume.

I am currently a senior graduating that switched from Pre-PT to Pre-Med. During my Sophmore year I incurred some really bad grades whic were a result of familial and the passing of a loved one. Amongst those bad grades I earned a F in Cal twice and a C in Gen Chem 1 on my second try as I was intent on having a reason to leave school and come home.A fter that I earned a couple more C's but re-took all classes and earned an A. Sorry for the long post, So here are my stats:
MCAT: 28
UGPA: 3.6 AACOMAS GPA.
SGPA: 3.51
URM: Black Male
Plan to apply to D.O Schools and HBCU's
Shadowing: 120 hours 30-Pathology,60- Family Medicine, 30-Physical Medicine and Rehab
Extracurriculars: Academic tutor 3 years, Student Assistant 2years, Impact Peer Mentor 2 years, Muscle Dystrophy Association counselor 2 years, Habitat for Humanity builder 2 years
*** Did 20 Post-bacc hours at 4.0.

I am currently a senior graduating that switched from Pre-PT to Pre-Med. During my Sophmore year I incurred some really bad grades whic were a result of familial and the passing of a loved one. Amongst those bad grades I earned a F in Cal twice and a C in Gen Chem 1 on my second try as I was intent on having a reason to leave school and come home.A fter that I earned a couple more C's but re-took all classes and earned an A. Sorry for the long post, So here are my stats:
MCAT: 28
UGPA: 3.6 AACOMAS GPA.
SGPA: 3.51
URM: Black Male
Plan to apply to D.O Schools and HBCU's
Shadowing: 120 hours 30-Pathology,60- Family Medicine, 30-Physical Medicine and Rehab
Extracurriculars: Academic tutor 3 years, Student Assistant 2years, Impact Peer Mentor 2 years, Muscle Dystrophy Association counselor 2 years, Habitat for Humanity builder 2 years
*** Did 20 Post-bacc hours at 4.0.
Make your own thread

Reactions: 1 user