3.07 GPA lots of clinical experience and research experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mashra11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I graduated in May 2012 with 3.07 cGPA. I started working full-time at the hospital as a float CNA. I have a lot of patient care hours in all different floors including emergency medicine. I also have been in student research program for over three years as a volunteer in ER. I am taking MCATs in April and hoping to score high since I've been preparing for it for a long time. What are my chances of getting into any school? Should I do post-bach?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

With your GPA, a higher GPA would certainly help for MD schools. I think you still might be okay with a high MCAT score for DO though. If you can, try to find some type of leadership position if possible.

Hello everyone,

I graduated in May 2012 with 3.07 cGPA. I started working full-time at the hospital as a float CNA. I have a lot of patient care hours in all different floors including emergency medicine. I also have been in student research program for over three years as a volunteer in ER. I am taking MCATs in April and hoping to score high since I've been preparing for it for a long time. What are my chances of getting into any school? Should I do post-bach?

Thank you!
Your GPA is on the low side for both MD and DO schools. What are your sGPA/BCPM GPA? If below 3.0, you have work to do before applying. Do your year-by-year GPAs show an upward grade trend?