DO 3.14 cGPA, 3.15 sGPA, 30 MCAT, 3.82 graduate GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FourniersGreenGang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am currently applying to DO Schools. I am a california resident with an AACOMAS GPA of 3.14 and a science GPA of 3.15, MCAT of 30 (9/11/10) and a graduate GPA from a one-year MS of 3.82 (also factored into the GPA calculations). I have about 300 hours of shadowing and about 140 hours volunteering in an ER. I have a bunch of other non-medically related work and volunteer experience, college sports, and a little over a year of research with a grant I wrote, but no pubs. I am a white male Californian. Also, I have a letter from an MD but not a DO. I know my GPA is low, but I was wondering what my chances are for admission? I am interested in applying to DO schools and my current list includes: TCOM-CA, COMP-NW, CCOM, BCOM, ACOM, SOMA, KCOM, AZCOM, NYIT, and LECOM. Are there any others I should be applying to? Also can anyone shed light on this rumor: I have heard that schools with multiple campuses do not like it if you apply to more than one of their campuses and will only consider your application at one of them. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add schools such as:
WVSOM
MU-COM
CUSOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
LMU-DCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
Your application would be competitive for any of these schools.

You could add schools such as:
WVSOM
MU-COM
CUSOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
LMU-DCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
Your application would be competitive for any of these schools.
Awesome! Thanks for your input and advice.