3.14 gpa 30 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SFSK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that I should be able to get in SOMEWHERE with my MCAT pulling me up, but what kind of choices will I have? I'm an Illinois resident and I really like CCOM since it is near by.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay then. You're MCAT is above average, while your gpa is below average - I'd say apply to at least 10 schools. My recommendations. You can fill in the rest.

CCOM
DMU
LMU-DCOM
KCUMB
NSU-COM
MU-COM

I know that I should be able to get in SOMEWHERE with my MCAT pulling me up, but what kind of choices will I have? I'm an Illinois resident and I really like CCOM since it is near by.

This is not accurate. While a 30 MCAT is above average for DO, it's not in itself an impressive score, much less to guarantee you an acceptance with a 3.14. There are plenty of applicants with solid stats that have to reapply. I say this not to be an ass, but i'm trying to tell you that the best strategy is to be proactive. Don't assume an acceptance "somewhere" because your MCAT "pulls you up". Apply very broadly and early, if rest of app is in good shape then maybe you'll see some interest. Best of lucks man.