DO 3.15 cGPA, 3.03 sGPA - What schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOOyC52H1Sof

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the ratio of preferential to non-preferential applicants accepted, but...

WCU COM: " Preference is given to residents of Mississippi and other states in the Gulf South region"

Do you have 20 hours of shadowing, or are the 60 hospital hours shadowing as well, for a total of 80 hours?

Last edited:
Okay, I will remove WCU from my list. Also its just 20 hours of physician shadowing, and 60 hours hospital volunteering (patient transport)
I have more shadowing scheduled for later in June and starting a scribe job in July

Sounds like a plan. However, I would STRONGLY suggest applying with more than 20 shadowing hours. To answer your other questions, yes, multiple school's have secondary applications with essays on "If not currently in school, describe present activity and activity since you were last a full time student." Lastly, get rid of that "I am bracing myself for widespread rejection" mentality. If you are going to apply, be confident in yourself and show these schools your passions/why you belong! If not, wait until next cycle, in the long run 1 year is irrelevant. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user