DO 3.2 cGPA 3.45 sGPA 500 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fl123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my second MCAT scores:
PS: 127
CARS: 123
BS: 125
Psych: 125
Total 500

The first time I took it, I got a 125 in CARS but lower in everything else to get a 495.
I was by far the most confident in CARS so I was pretty shocked to see it as low as it was. If anything I thought I was going to be in the top percentile with how I felt after the test...

But anyway, with a 3.2 cGPA and 3.45 sGPA with a huge upward trend after a 2.5 freshman year GPA do I have a legit shot at DO schools specifically on the East Coast?

Members don't see this ad.

You have a chance for a DO acceptance but it is late in the application season to be applying this year. Apply in June 2016 and submit all your secondaries by July. Schools in the east where you have a chance for an acceptance with your stats include:
LECOM (both schools)
PCOM (both schools)
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
Because both your GPA and MCAT are on the low side you should apply to at least 15 schools. If you are willing to go further west add BCOM and any other new schools that open in 2017.

Disagree with my learned colleague that it's late. January is late. So start applying!!!

I can't recommend LUCOM and think that the sGPA is too low for CUSOM. Add BCOM, and Wm Carey, maybe KCOM and SOMA.

You have a chance for a DO acceptance but it is late in the application season to be applying this year. Apply in June 2016 and submit all your secondaries by July. Schools in the east where you have a chance for an acceptance with your stats include:
LECOM (both schools)
PCOM (both schools)
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
Because both your GPA and MCAT are on the low side you should apply to at least 15 schools. If you are willing to go further west add BCOM and any other new schools that open in 2017.