3.2 cGPA...4.0 sGPA...33 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SustainedEnigma

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bad cumulative, I know, but I've managed to get straight As in my science prereqs. I took them all at a community college while working at a hospital and doing research. Also really active in the community with volunteering. I got good grades the last year of undergrad (went from 2.8 to 3.06), and my GPA has only gone up since then.

What do you think? Where should I look to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

If you took upper level science classes at the 4 year you'll be fine. If not your mcat might shield you from doubt. If your gpa was bad the last 2 years of undergrad you might want to consider a post-bac.
But if you did ok your last 2 years then....

DO : You're competitive.
MD : You're a bit below competitive, your best chance is to have applied very early.

Last edited:
I didn't take physical science classes, but I was taking computer science classes like object oriented programming, systems analysis, and database. My GPA junior year sucked, and my GPA senior year was top notch, so the last two years it prob avgd to around a 3.4

I took all my physical sciences at a CC. Constraints were my reasoning, not "easy As." (which I can assure you they were not).

Members don't see this ad :)
if you took upper level science classes at the 4 year you'll be fine. If not your mcat might shield you from doubt. If your gpa was bad the last 2 years of undergrad you might want to consider a post-bac.
But if you did ok your last 2 years then....

Do : your competitive.
Md : your a bit below competitive, your best chance is to have applied very early.

seriously??