DO 3.27 cGPA 3.3 sGPA pending mcat.... Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegreatjaspy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 2013 grad with a 3.2 undergrad GPA (large upward trend) but have spent some time raising it and will be at or near 3.3 by time of application. 4 year varsity athlete (d-3), 3 year captain, 3 service trips abroad, 100+ hours ER volunteering, 3 years lab research, DO shadowing planned, will have great letters of rec. What are my chances?

PS Touro NV would be ideal...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a 2013 grad with a 3.2 undergrad GPA (large upward trend) but have spent some time raising it and will be at or near 3.3 by time of application. 4 year varsity athlete (d-3), 3 year captain, 3 service trips abroad, 100+ hours ER volunteering, 3 years lab research, DO shadowing planned, will have great letters of rec. What are my chances?

Is your sGPA a 3.3 or a 3.5 as suggested by the other post?
How many postbac credits and what is your postbac GPA?
Did you take advantage of the AACOMAS grade replacement policy for any prerequisites below a C+?
Any practice MCAT scores yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
3.3 not 3.5.Postbac GPA 4.0, I only have 1 grade below C+ and am retaking now, already replaced a B- with an A. 18 postbac credits.

Last edited:
There is no way to tell what your chances are without an MCAT. A 36 can get a borderline candidate in somewhere, while a 22 will wreck you.

All I can say about my MCAT is that my goal is 30-32, but I can't tell you how realistic that is just yet...

3.3 not 3.5.Postbac GPA 4.0, I only have 1 grade below C+ and am retaking now, already replaced a B- with an A. 18 postbac credits. No practice MCAT yet.
Is your sGPA a 3.3 or a 3.5 as suggested by the other post?
How many postbac credits and what is your postbac GPA?
Did you take advantage of the AACOMAS grade replacement policy for any prerequisites below a C+?
Any practice MCAT scores yet?

Your projected stats would be well above Touro-NV's published minimums (3.0/3.0/25) and decently near their averages posted in 2012
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV | 3.40 | 3.31 | 26.6
I haven't seen last year's update on these numbers.

It looks like an LOR from a doc, preferably DO, would be a good idea.http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/applying-for-admission/do-admission/ Pending that, considering your strong ECs, and upward grade trend, it appears your chances should be good.

Chances are great.

Update: 3.3 cGPA sGPA higher than I thought, 3.46. What MCAT score would put me in a good position? And just over all chances?

Update: 3.3 cGPA sGPA higher than I thought, 3.46. What MCAT score would put me in a good position? And just over all chances?
You will need 27+ MCAT to be in a good position. But you should be able to get in somewhere with 25.