DO 3.29 gpa 3.12 science 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ratler123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am applying this year looking for where I should apply with my stats. This year I applied late (Januaryish) due to a late MCAT and was interviewed at Touro-Ca and Nevada and currently waitlisted. Which schools should I apply to, and I am trying to still save some money for flights for interviews such so I want to keep the list semi-short. My current application is ready to be sent June 1st and I am in the process of getting a D.O. LOR. Thanks guys for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean with your stats, so long as you apply earlier then you should have a lot more luck. If you are trying to stay on the west coast check out the two schools in Arizona, then Western, and try Touro again. The timing is what did you in.

Thank you! Do you think there is a chance at western?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Do you think there is a chance at western?
I mean I will be honest I am more of an east coast guy so I do not know the stats and patterns of the western schools I am afraid. Definitely check up the average stats for western and see where you fall in line. If you have a lower MCAT and gpa than the averages then your chances are more slim. If you have just a lower gpa but a higher MCAT, I would say its a solid shot. You will need to confirm that you will not get autoscreened with a <3.2 gpa (some schools set the auto at 3.2 but some set at 3.0). But otherwise, so long as you apply early, I would say you definitely have a fair shot.

You got an interview at Touro-Ca and Nevada that late? There must be something strong in your application, you should get interviews again with an early app and as well Western.

Maybe you will even get in off waitlist

Hey guys I am applying this year looking for where I should apply with my stats. This year I applied late (Januaryish) due to a late MCAT and was interviewed at Touro-Ca and Nevada and currently waitlisted. Which schools should I apply to, and I am trying to still save some money for flights for interviews such so I want to keep the list semi-short. My current application is ready to be sent June 1st and I am in the process of getting a D.O. LOR. Thanks guys for the help!
are you on the top 1/3 of Touro-Ca waitlist?

Doubt I will get off at California as I was medium wait listed. Nevada still has a chance, but I just want to cover my bases. I don't think anything is special about my application. Couple years of tutoring work, 200 hours hands on medical volunteering or so, and some community volunteer work as well as many years of work through college. Some schools prescreened me this year due to a 3.2 gpa minimum, but I am looking for decent east coast schools as well.

One more thing, would it look bad to keep my personal statement as is, or would it look better to change it?

One more thing, would it look bad to keep my personal statement as is, or would it look better to change it?

I have wondered about the same question about a few months ago. Most responses I have read on the issue have said they modified their personal statement, even if it is giving the same message. I suggest if your previous PS is a very powerful statement just modify the story and also add what you have recently done.

I also asked this on another thread, but should you put down individual sports outside of school? And also can you put patents that you helped develop (medically relevant) in your application as well?

I also asked this on another thread, but should you put down individual sports outside of school? And also can you put patents that you helped develop (medically relevant) in your application as well?

For the first question, I don't see any reason see why not (makes you look unique).

For the second question, a faculty member (MD school) I talk to about my PS wanted me to put a patient story on my PS. I am doing just that.

Yea I have heard it doesnt kill your app. But I mean think about the growth you have gone through through the past year/cycle. I am sure you can find enough material to revamp or restructure 10-20% of it. I know I wasnt the same person a year ago...

Apply broadly, especially to the newer schools. Oh, and apply EARLY

Yeah, Islandstyle, I meant patent not patient. Is there a place to put that on the application?

A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, Admissions Office, IL

Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine, CO
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, ME

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Admissions Office, WV
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR

Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS

This is what I currently have to apply to, but I am planning on deleting some. Any of them that you guys think I should delete and why?