3.35-3.4 c and s 515 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Youngm2194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically I didn't try first 2 years and had around a 3.0 cumulative. Last 2 years around 3.7-3.75 cumulative (still a senior). Got 515 on mcat 128/128/131/128 and will have a first author pub later this month in addition to clinical volunteering, other volunteering, research at an ivy med school one summer and then research at another med school this summer where I was given an award for best paper. Just based on this minimal amount of stats do I have a shot at MD schools?? State of res is CT

Members don't see this ad.

How's your sGPA?
URM?
As long as your volunteering is adequate I say you have a fair shot at low/mid MDs. Maybe other people with more experience can comment though.

Basically I didn't try first 2 years and had around a 3.0 cumulative. Last 2 years around 3.7-3.75 cumulative (still a senior). Got 515 on mcat 128/128/131/128 and will have a first author pub later this month in addition to clinical volunteering, other volunteering, research at an ivy med school one summer and then research at another med school this summer where I was given an award for best paper. Just based on this minimal amount of stats do I have a shot at MD schools?? State of res is CT

Yes.

For specific schools, invest in MSAR, look at schools with stats near yours and where your GPA is at or slightly above the 10th percentile. Come back with a list. Start with UCONN and Quinnipac

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No not a urm unfortunately but I did invest in msar the other day so I'm starting to look at it. Idk how much adcoms look at specific classes but a C- in calc 2 lowers my gpa by .08ish so a few classes makes my gpa low which sucks

Aim for your state schools, all low tiers and any DO school.