3.4 cGPA, 3.1 sGPA, Decent ECs, DO Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

o1b8a3z2

o1b8a3z2
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GPA isn't the greatest, but on the rise after sophomore year.

Decent ECs: Varsity scholar athlete for past 3 years, 300 hours community service with Habitat for Humanity, 100 hours clinical shadowing, officer in national social fraternity, undergraduate research assistant, treasurer of pre-medical society, member in other campus activities and honor societies, and currently a summer student research intern at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

Waiting on MCAT results that come out next week.

PA resident

Chances at DO? I know MD is a long shot...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, GPA isn't the greatest, but on the rise after sophomore year.

Decent ECs: Varsity scholar athlete for past 3 years, 300 hours community service with Habitat for Humanity, 100 hours clinical shadowing, officer in national social fraternity, undergraduate research assistant, treasurer of pre-medical society, member in other campus activities and honor societies, and currently a summer student research intern at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

Waiting on MCAT results that come out next week.

PA resident

Chances at DO? I know MD is a long shot...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MCAT will make or break you. With a Sci GPA like that you will probably need a 29+ MCAT

I'd say you have a good chance at DO if you have a decent MCAT (no section below 9). If you managed to break 30, wouldn't hurt to apply to some of the private/"low-tier" MD schools.