3.4 cgpa 3.1 sgpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foreveryours91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So with a bunch of retakes by pushing off my graduation for a year (Had alot of C's) my GPA stats are 3.4 cgpa, 3.1 sgpa. MCAT will be taken very soon.

EC: 4 years of clinical work and shadowing (Doctor's office) on a weekly basis, 3 years of volunteering for a free place that takes care of mentally and physically disabled children again on a weekly basis, Medical mission trip to Nicaragua. Good recommendation letters for science Professors, and TA's, and Doctors.

What MCAT score would I need to receive to have a fighting chance? I know my science gpa is low. Would I have a better shot if I take 2 classes that were C's at a near by community college (at this rate I don't have enough money to take it at my university)?

Please be brutal, I need to be realistic. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Shoot for at least high 20s to make up for the low sGPA. Aim for the newest programs. I'm afraid your sGPA is a tad low for mine.

So with a bunch of retakes by pushing off my graduation for a year (Had alot of C's) my GPA stats are 3.4 cgpa, 3.1 sgpa. MCAT will be taken very soon.

EC: 4 years of clinical work and shadowing (Doctor's office) on a weekly basis, 3 years of volunteering for a free place that takes care of mentally and physically disabled children again on a weekly basis, Medical mission trip to Nicaragua. Good recommendation letters for science Professors, and TA's, and Doctors.

What MCAT score would I need to receive to have a fighting chance? I know my science gpa is low. Would I have a better shot if I take 2 classes that were C's at a near by community college (at this rate I don't have enough money to take it at my university)?

absolutely no less than 23, but preferably 25.

We are like twins lol. Even right down to the ECs, minus the mission trip.

I've asked for advice on the forum and I can give u some of my advice. What I would do is take the MCAT and see how it shakes out. If you score 27+ and are not picky about where u apply, I cant imagine a DO school SOMEWHERE not wanting to take you. If you score less than a 27, retake some C science grades, retake the mcat, and you should have no trouble getting into a DO school.

Not to give you false hope either, but if you can score in the 30+ and get 3.3 science GPA through retakes or otherwise, you have a shot MD schools