DO 3.41 cgpa, 3.21 sgpa, unbalanced 27 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lulay0416

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so first of all, my stats.
I'm a senior Neurobiology major that is graduating this coming May. My gap year is already planned; I'll be serving for a year with Americorps.
3.41 cGPA,
3.21 sGPA
27 MCAT (10BS, 11VR, 6PS)
My extracurriculars are pretty good: 300+ hours medical volunteering, 50 hrs shadowing, work abroad, 2 years of research, relevant employment, leadership positions, etc.
I already have two great recommendations from science professors, and letters from a DO and MD.

I'm concerned with a few things regarding my June application for this cycle. First of all, my 6PS score... how lethal is it? I've already registered for the new MCAT, but would obviously rather not take it if at all possible. Further, will my sGPA preclude me from any acceptances?

Any comments or advice are welcomed and appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say pretty good. As long as you apply early, I think you will be fine. I would research the schools though about cutoffs. For example, KCU (KCUMB) has a strict GPA cutoff of 3.25 or something along those lines…. and it was VERY strict.

Score will be lethal for PCOM and AZCOM, but you're still in striking distance of all other schools.

Okay so first of all, my stats.
I'm a senior Neurobiology major that is graduating this coming May. My gap year is already planned; I'll be serving for a year with Americorps.
3.41 cGPA,
3.21 sGPA
27 MCAT (10BS, 11VR, 6PS)
My extracurriculars are pretty good: 300+ hours medical volunteering, 50 hrs shadowing, work abroad, 2 years of research, relevant employment, leadership positions, etc.
I already have two great recommendations from science professors, and letters from a DO and MD.

I'm concerned with a few things regarding my June application for this cycle. First of all, my 6PS score... how lethal is it? I've already registered for the new MCAT, but would obviously rather not take it if at all possible. Further, will my sGPA preclude me from any acceptances?

Any comments or advice are welcomed and appreciated!