3.41 gpa 27 mcat 11 vr 07 ps 09 bs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koreyj24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a recent HBCU grad with clinical and volunteering experience. 50 hours at Univ Mississippi Medical Center Emergency room. 20 hours at a rehabilitation center. Former RA. No research experience. African American male. What type of schools should I look to for acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a recent HBCU grad with clinical and volunteering experience. 50 hours at Univ Mississippi Medical Center Emergency room. 20 hours at a rehabilitation center. Former RA. No research experience. African American male. What type of schools should I look to for acceptance?

With those stats and large lack in ECs, even as an AA male, I'm sorry but I think only the lowest tier and IS allopathic medical schools are within your reach, but not by much. That being said, you're very qualified for most/ever DO school. Apply to DOs, your IS schools, and any private MDs that have low stats and are interesting to you.

With those stats and large lack in ECs, even as an AA male, I'm sorry but I think only the lowest tier and IS allopathic medical schools are within your reach, but not by much. That being said, you're very qualified for most/ever DO school. Apply to DOs, your IS schools, and any private MDs that have low stats and are interesting to you.

History says otherwise:
http://edge.studentdoctor.net/wamc/Black_Applicants.png

Black applicants with a 3.4 and 27 have a whopping 80% acceptance rate.