3.45c, 3.35s, 34 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JmsD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, ties to CA don't help much.
Unless you have shown a commitment to serve in the inland empire, UCR may be a long shot. Your gpa is low for Keck, UCSD, UCLA and UCSF. The UC schools get thousands of aps from OOS and don't take very many. You might want to add a few more east coast/midwest private schools.

Thank you for the reply! I may apply to a few more schools in the Northeast, but I really want to relocate to the West Coast. My boyfriend's career is related to the entertainment industry, so location is pretty limited for him.

On one of my recent trips to L.A., I ended up sitting next to a doctor who taught at UCLA after she noticed that I was studying for the MCAT. After talking with her for a while, and telling her about my current career and experiences, she encouraged me to apply, saying that I was the type of person that would do well in medical school. Hopefully they notice that on my applications and I can get an interview!

Unfortunately, ties to CA don't help much.
Unless you have shown a commitment to serve in the inland empire, UCR may be a long shot. Your gpa is low for Keck, UCSD, UCLA and UCSF. The UC schools get thousands of aps from OOS and don't take very many. You might want to add a few more east coast/midwest private schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's Western University in Pomona. It's east of LA, going towards Vegas I believe.

Wish you ALL the best!!!

Unfortunately, he's probably one of the many faculty who don't serve on the AdCom, and this are unaware of the demographics and requirements for UCLA.

Your GPAs are well below avg, and so your best bet will be in the low-tier MD schools, all new MD schopols, and, pay attention if you do end up in CA, for any DO program. There are two in CA, Western and TUCOM-CA.

Thank you for the reply! I may apply to a few more schools in the Northeast, but I really want to relocate to the West Coast. My boyfriend's career is related to the entertainment industry, so location is pretty limited for him.
On one of my recent trips to L.A., I ended up sitting next to a doctor who taught at UCLA after she noticed that I was studying for the MCAT. After talking with her for a while, and telling her about my current career and experiences, she encouraged me to apply, saying that I was the type of person that would do well in medical school. Hopefully they notice that on my applications and I can get an interview!

Last edited:

Unfortunately, he's probably one of the many faculty who don't serve on the AdCom, and this are unaware of the demographics and requirements for UCLA.

Your GPAs are well below avg, and so your best bet will be in the low-tier MD schools, all new MD schopols, and, pay attention if you do end up in CA, for any DO program. There are two in CA, Western and TUCOM-CA.

Last edited:

Last edited:
So, I've added Drexel, U. of Miami, Cooper, Temple, Tulane, and Oregon Health and Science University. Additionally, I submitted my application to Western University of Health Sciences, but I have not shadowed a DO (although my long-time doctor is a DO).

Any additional suggestions?

Oregon wants at least a 3.63 from OOS

Where did you find this?

It is definitely an 3.65 AND 32 mcat, during the interview last year they said they hardly ever go outside of their mission groups to interview.

I have similar stats, though your EC's are probably better.
Here are some schools you should add to your list(trust me when I say you do not want to go through multiple cycles of applying).
Albany
Rosalind Franklin
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Creighton
Florida International

Dumb question: Can you add schools after your primary has been verified?

Unfortunately for us we came from or live in very competitive states.

Here are some schools you should add to your list(trust me when I say you do not want to go through multiple cycles of applying).
Albany
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Florida International

yea you can add schools even after verification

Thank you for that information, I may consider adding some schools.

Thanks!

Albany
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Florida International

Last edited: