MD .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transistor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be, and need to be, aceing everything from now on. You should also seriously think about Cooper and Rowan.

My questions are the following:
1) At this stage, to what GPA should I aim for at the conclusion of the Spring 2016 semester (three semesters of classes from now)? For the record, among my targeted schools are Jefferson, RWJ, and NJMS (the latter two due to in-state, Jefferson due to a familial history with the school).

90%ile or higher. Do NOT take the MCAT until you are 100% ready to.
Additionally, I imagine it would be hard to say but what percentile MCAT would be golden for me? I took a diagnostic Kaplan exam and received a 487 (but this is with taking only Bio 1+2 and Phys 1) (I took it because it was literally the most productive thing I could have done at the time). My current plan is to take the MCAT exam on March or April 2016, during which I will be finishing up Orgo 2 and Biochem and after having full experience with Chem 1+2, Physics 2 and Orgo 1.

Starting thinking about this in your SR year, but if you do well in UG from now on, you can hold off and see how an app cycle goes.

2) At what point should I begin considering doing a Post-Bacc or a master's? I'm thinking that I should do a DIY post-bacc at the same state school where I'm taking classes this summer if my GPA is not high enough. But how do I know whether it is a better idea to do one or the other, and when do I decide on this?