3.48 cGPA, no MCAT with extracurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katdarjeeling

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.48

MCAT: Taking in September

Major: Bio Sciences

Volunteer:
Volunteering in south east asia for 2 summers in a row. Leader on one of the summer medical mission.

EC:
-Working in Medical offices since sophomore year 10-15 hours a week
-Mission club member/leader for 3 years
- Clinical research for 2 years in undergrad
- currently working in clinical research at a UC as coordinator right after graduating

LOR:
LOR from two doctors and research professor.

Leadership:
Continuing leadership for medical mission organization.

Shadowing:
Shadowed clinic (internal medicine and dermatology) and surgery (orthopedic, vascular, anesthesiology) over 100+ hours

I understand my GPA is low and that is what worries me. I had a rough start in college and a bad quarter my junior year, but I do also have a lot of ECs that have led me to many relations and getting to know different people in the medical field. Also I have been working constantly since I was 19 in a medical environment. I was wondering what are my chances, just out of curiosity. I don't plan to apply earliest until 2015 but I was just curious what my chances are with my stats I have right now. I just graduated UC last week a quarter early and went straight to working in clinical research at a top UC. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: