3.50cGPA 3.53 sGPA, retook MCAT August 7th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thandi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.5 overall and a 3.53 sGPA, I took the MCAT in June and got a 26. I bombed the verbal section (which is unusual for me) - and I was exhausted from finals when I took the exam. Emory was the only school of rejected me off the bat after receiving my MCAT score from June, but also said to resend if it improves. I took the exam again August 7th, and I felt 100x better about, but the scores aren't released until Sept. 9th- all of my secondaries are in, but I'm wondering, what my chances are because its later in the application cycle.

I should add- I think my extracurriculars are pretty interesting, and right now I'm living in Haiti for the next 5 months working with on some cool global health projects...if this helps at all.

Members don't see this ad.

your chances are good as long as your second mcat score is higher. You're not that late, don't worry.

How did your scores turn out?

Members don't see this ad :)
29- not super happy about it, but Ill retake it in January in case I need to reapply.

8 in PS, 10 in BS, 11 V, everything went up except BS stayed the same.