3.57 gpa, 26 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ace99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances with a 3.57 cGPA 3.36 sGPA 26 MCAT (10 PS 7 VR 9 BS). I also have two research positions under my belt; one involving free health screenings that checked for things such as cholesterol and blood sugar levels, blood pressure etc.. and another involving the synthesis of molecules used in medicinal chemistry. I am a volunteer with over 150 hours experience. I am also in the Honors College at my school, University of Illinois at Chicago. I expect to be competitive at DO schools but is there any chance for MD schools or is that just wishful thinking? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your MCAT is too low for any MD school, unless there is a very-low tier MD school in your state, or you forgot to mention some unique, over-the-top, mindblowing experience that would make you stand out to med schools. You should be competitive for most DO schools and I think they are your best bet.