MD & DO 3.583 gpa 509 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WuofM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Currently I've compiled a school list and would like to hear your input on which schools are reaches and which schools you think I should add. My list feels very all over the place so any suggestions would be great!

Neuroscience major, Michigan resident and went to UofM Ann Arbor
Asian
3.583 gpa
509 MCAT (129/125/127/128)
100+ hours in hospital volunteering
40+ hours shadowing DO family doctor
Decent EC (in many different cultural clubs)/leadership roles (currently vicepresident in multi cultural club)
No research

DO list:
MSU-COM
PCOM
Touro-COM
DMU-COM
CCOM
definitely need to add more to this list any suggestions??

MD list:
IN-state
MSU
University of Michigan
Oakland
Wayne state
Western U
Central Michigan??

Out-State
Ohio State
Pen state
West Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Virginia commonwealth
Indiana?
Utah?
New York University School of Medicine?
Vermont?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Gotta say, your OOS list is incredibly random. Keep maybe EVMS and VCU, but I say scrap the rest. You should add schools like Rosalind Franklin, NYMC, Quinnipac, Toledo, Drexel, Tulane, Jefferson. Get MSAR and pick schools where your GPA and MCAT fall within their middle 50th percentile. You're in really great shape for most DO schools, so you could add whatever you want but stay away from all the regionally selective ones like Ohio, Rowan, PNWU, Western U-NW, NYITCOM, OU-COM.

Also, keep Central, I'm not sure why you have a question mark next to it.

Wow thank you so much! I figured my list was pretty random... I guess I just didn't really know to use MSAR to find my schools....