3.6 cGPA 3.43sGPA 23 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anybody please provide some input on my application:
3.6 cGPA, 3.43 sGPA, 3.80 non science GPA
23 MCAT (second time)
Solid ECs:
Over 300 hours of community service at emergency room
Research Experience
Literature review
Shadowing experience
Two school clubs
Surgery viewing

What are my chances of getting into a DO school if I apply now (My application is pretty much ready to be sent now)?

Thank you all for your input!

Edit: I'm also an international student applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances low with a 2x MCAT and a high of 23. You'd be auto-rejected from mine, alas.

Suggest the newest schools and targeting those that are OK with lower scores. There was a thread on that around here very recently.

Hi all,
Can anybody please provide some input on my application:
3.6 cGPA, 3.43 sGPA, 3.80 non science GPA
23 MCAT (second time)
Solid ECs:
Over 300 hours of community service at emergency room
Research Experience
Literature review
Shadowing experience
Two school clubs
Surgery viewing

What are my chances of getting into a DO school if I apply now (My application is pretty much ready to be sent now)?

Thank you all for your input!

Edit: I'm also an international student applicant.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you think I'd have an okay chance at those newer schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your feedback. Do you think I'd have an okay chance at those newer schools?

From what i've been reading there's three new schools, and only one of them isn't in-state biased. (Which is Marian)

I would be okay with retaking the MCAT again but I'm afraid that by the time I get my score, majority of the seats would have been filled up. Do you guys think I should just try my luck with this score?

Does anybody else have any feedback to give me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

MCAT is the biggest problem with your application. Do you think you can bring your score up to 26-29 range? If you do, it would be worth waiting for a year and applying next cycle. You are going to get auto reject at most places with your current scores.

From what i've been reading there's three new schools, and only one of them isn't in-state biased. (Which is Marian)

ACOM doesn't exactly have in-state biased, at least no more then most schools. Several OOS-ers here last cycle got interviews there, including me.

MCAT is the biggest problem with your application. Do you think you can bring your score up to 26-29 range? If you do, it would be worth waiting for a year and applying next cycle. You are going to get auto reject at most places with your current scores.

I'm sure I can get in that range if I try again (anxiety issues mostly ruin it for me). My first score was 9 VR, 7PS, 6 BS and the second was 6 VR, 7PS, 10 BS. I am actually pretty good at the VR. It was usually my highest score on my practice exams which I scored 30+ on all of the AAMC ones. It just would be very highly preferable to get in somewhere this cycle due to financial reasons, scholarships etc.

I'm wondering if other people with similar application as mine were able to get interviews.

I'm sure I can get in that range if I try again (anxiety issues mostly ruin it for me). My first score was 9 VR, 7PS, 6 BS and the second was 6 VR, 7PS, 10 BS. I am actually pretty good at the VR. It was usually my highest score on my practice exams which I scored 30+ on all of the AAMC ones. It just would be very highly preferable to get in somewhere this cycle due to financial reasons, scholarships etc.

I'm wondering if other people with similar application as mine were able to get interviews.

I remember seeing a thread on SDN that states that there are a couplle of schools that accept the highest subset of score... Your score should be 26 for these schools... Find out what are these schools.

I remember seeing a thread on SDN that states that there are a couplle of schools that accept the highest subset of score... Your score should be 26 for these schools... Find out what are these schools.

Thank you. Do you know what I would have to search in order to find these schools? I was not able to find them.

I'm highly considering retaking the MCAT again now. However, by the time I get my score back again, would be mid October. Is this way too late to apply?

Also, I found out that I have 500 hours of community service at my local hospital ER and 180 hours of shadowing.