MD & DO 3.62 sgpa 3.46 cgpa 30 mcat. School list help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldoc1day

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated in 2010 from undergrad, started and finished my pre-med requirements in a post-bacc program. I would love to attend school in California, don't care about MD/DO, but would love suggestions for both since I'll be submitting both apps

Some of my ECs:
-Currently a clinical research assistant. Full time since the end of December. Attended a conference where I had a moderated poster and will be published (second author) in a couple of months
-Volunteered at the above position for approx 100 hours before receiving a full-time job offer
-Princeton Review MCAT verbal teacher
-Previously a paid medical intern for 640 hours overall at a medical office
-Helped bring a health organization to my post-bacc institution. Overall I'd say 250 hours contributed
-Shadowing experience- 150+ hours- ob/gyn, family doctor, ER senior resident
-Non-clinical community service: volunteered as a teacher's aide- 180 hours. Sunday school teacher- 40 hours. Kids camp facilitator-90 hours over the course of several years. Starting summer tutoring at a local non-profit soon, 5 hours/week for 6 weeks. Other small community service here and there for a few hours each, not sure if I should include those experiences

Thank you in advance for your help/guidance. It is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Graduated in 2010 from undergrad, started and finished my pre-med requirements in a post-bacc program. I would love to attend school in California, don't care about MD/DO, but would love suggestions for both since I'll be submitting both apps

Some of my ECs:
-Currently a clinical research assistant. Full time since the end of December. Attended a conference where I had a moderated poster and will be published (second author) in a couple of months
-Volunteered at the above position for approx 100 hours before receiving a full-time job offer
-Princeton Review MCAT verbal teacher
-Previously a paid medical intern for 640 hours overall at a medical office
-Helped bring a health organization to my post-bacc institution. Overall I'd say 250 hours contributed
-Shadowing experience- 150+ hours- ob/gyn, family doctor, ER senior resident
-Non-clinical community service: volunteered as a teacher's aide- 180 hours. Sunday school teacher- 40 hours. Kids camp facilitator-90 hours over the course of several years. Starting summer tutoring at a local non-profit soon, 5 hours/week for 6 weeks. Other small community service here and there for a few hours each, not sure if I should include those experiences

Thank you in advance for your help/guidance. It is very much appreciated!
Where's your list?

Where's your list?

Whoops, sorry about that!

MD list:
Albany
Creighton
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Howard
Jefferson
Oakland
Quinnipiac
SLU
Temple
UC Davis
UC Riverside
VCU
Virginia Tech
Western Michigan

DO list:
Western
Touro CA
Touro NV
CCOM
Nova
PCOM
AT Still

Members don't see this ad :)
On the MD list you have 11 schools where you have a fair to good chance of an interview.
Unless you fit their missions, I suggest removing UCR and Howard.

Thank you for the feedback! Any input on other MD or DO schools where I would have a good chance of an interview? And if you don't mind- weaknesses in my EC's? So I can potentially work on them over the summer and address in update letters

Thank you for the feedback! Any input on other MD or DO schools where I would have a good chance of an interview? And if you don't mind- weaknesses in my EC's? So I can potentially work on them over the summer and address in update letters
What is your state of residence?

I have been living in DC for about a year and a half but California all of my life before that
You ap looks, well, normal. Apply early with well written secondaries and get some mock interviews and I'm hopeful for MD success. I think the DO schools will eat you up.

Do Oakland and Western Michigan take a decent amount OOS?