3.64 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA, IA, 30 MCAT (10, 9, 11)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medception

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be fine for the low-tier MD schools, and definitely try your state school, if any). You're fine for any DO program. The IA was not recent, so I don't think it will affect you.

Hey everyone - I'm ready for my judgement day! My stats are in the subject line.

State of Residence: Maryland
Race: White Male
College: Jesuit Institution, graduated May 2012
Transcript (5 Years to complete 2nd major - Biochemistry & Math Economics)

Freshman Year: 3.23
Sophomore Year: 3.50
Junior Year: 3.74
Senior Year #1: 4.0
Senior Year #2: 3.7 (added on an RA position and spent alot of time taking care of my grandmother prior to her passing)

I have an alcohol IA from Spring 2010 - I reported the gathering when a peer became very intoxicated, and I chose to take responsibility for my presence in order to save his life.

EC's/Volunteering/Shadowing:

1) currently working at an Air Force Base in equal opportunity/disability initiatives since September (hiring veterans, students, and others with severe disabilities into the Air Force - we work closely with the Pentagon)

2) Currently developing my tutoring business since June (we now have a logo, FB page, website, and office), and we've brought in around $1,500 so far.

3) Patient Transporter and volunteer at a local hospital near home (01/2013 - present, 250+ hrs)

4) Longtime volunteer at a local AIDS/HIV foster-care facility (01/2010- present, 500+ hrs)

5) Volunteer at a local children's hospital (09/2008 - Present, ~100 hrs)

6) Began volunteering at 2 other hospitals (one where my grandmother passed away) and have been shadowing 4 different specialties since 2009 (150+ hrs)

7) Research: 3 projects - 2 in organic synthesis, spring 2010 at school and summer 2010 in India, and ongoing economics research at a well-known government research facility in Maryland.

8) Founder/president of Hillel on my campus (07/2009 - present, lots of time devoted to this)

9) Script Editor/participant for my schools Fed Challenge team (04/2010 / 12/2011)

10) Sang in a boychoir for 10 years that extended into my 2nd year of college, leadership role.

I'm indifferent among all MD schools, and would prefer MD over DO. I'm not sure I should retake the MCAT, as I exhausted most TBR, TPR, and Kaplan materials the first time around and don't think I can score higher.

Thoughts?

I have the exact same MCAT score as you! I think if we both apply early and broadly we will be ok!

You're all set for any osteopathic schools. Only low tier allopathic schools though.