3.65c and 3.5 science GPA 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DISCOSTEW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a recent grad applying this coming cycle with a 3.65 cumulative 3.5 science and 31 MCAT score. I am a northern california resident.

I was a D-1 baseball player for 4 years with a leadership role. I also had leadership representing the athletes of the university as a whole in 3 of those years. I coached/volunteered at baseball camps, gave pitching/hitting lessons, during the fours years. I worked for the student athlete tutoring center for four years. I have 300+ hours in ER, Surgery, and SNF settings. Currently I work as a scribe for Scribe America and have been doing that for about a year.

I do have some non clinical volunteering, not a crazy amount. Much of it was through athletics during my four years at the university.

I have not been able to go a broad or do any mission trips that I have wanted due to cost, but would like to go on one after I pay for applications and what not.

I have 2.5 years of genetics research in plants

As the name of the forum says, what are my chances for MD or DO?

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I am a recent grad applying this coming cycle with a 3.65 cumulative 3.5 science and 31 MCAT score. I am a northern california resident.

I was a D-1 baseball player for 4 years with a leadership role. I also had leadership representing the athletes of the university as a whole in 3 of those years. I coached/volunteered at baseball camps, gave pitching/hitting lessons, during the fours years. I worked for the student athlete tutoring center for four years. I have 300+ hours in ER, Surgery, and SNF settings. Currently I work as a scribe for Scribe America and have been doing that for about a year.

I do have some non clinical volunteering, not a crazy amount. Much of it was through athletics during my four years at the university.

I have not been able to go a broad or do any mission trips that I have wanted due to cost, but would like to go on one after I pay for applications and what not.

I have 2.5 years of genetics research in plants

As the name of the forum says, what are my chances for MD or DO?

Thanks all!
since you are a Californian resident , your chances there are slim but if apply broadly, you have a decent chance of getting in somewhere. good luck

yea, California is pretty much a long shot

Members don't see this ad :)
According to previous stats, you have a 72.1% chance of landing an acceptance somewhere. It seems like you have plenty of leadership and clinical experience paired with a very nice EC as a D1 baseball player. You should be applying to somewhere between 25-30 schools with all the UCs and other schools in the east coast and Midwest. Just rock the PS and brush up on interview skills. You have a good shot. :luck:

when you say 300+ hours in surgery, etc., what do you mean? shadowing? scribing? hospital volunteering? assuming you weren't just a paper pusher and/or it wasn't all just shadowing, I say you have a pretty good shot at getting into an allopathic school (and definitely an osteopathic one!). your chances in CA may be slim but you could probably get into a couple of low-to-mid tier MD schools out of state. as the old saying goes, it's always wise to apply early and very broadly, because you really never ever know who will pick you up. if it's any comfort to you, I had pretty similar stats to yours and got into a couple of MD schools :) good luck!