3.67 cGPA 3.43 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated Sunday from a top 50 university. I am still weighing my options including the possibility of podiatry school, but I a plan on applying to DO school in one year.

3.67 cGPA
3.44 DO sGPA

MCAT in August

~120 hours of experience in the ER enrolling patients in clinical studies as a part of a class I took
~16 hours of shadowing doctors, PAs, and RNs as part of my EMT class

VP of my fraternity for a semester
VP of my junior year dorm that housed over 700 students

The past few summers I have worked for a local police department and was in charge of around 7 subordinates the past two years.

I've been contacting DOs in my area trying to get some more shadowing experience and hopefully a LOR. This will not be an issue come June next year when I apply.

I am also trying to find an EMT job for the fall. In the very least, I will be a volunteer EMT.

Considering my grades and ECs, what would you say I need to get on the MCAT to have a solid chance?

Members don't see this ad.

23 seems a bit low to me. I know that some can squeak by with the right school and the right circumstances, but it seems like a big gamble. I would shoot for at least a 25 or above.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say 25. NEVER listen to user3 when asking what are my chances.

Yes, 25 +

And yes, I have seen user3 troll elsewhere. Good luck

you can get pod school with 20+ I believe, if you choose that way instead. Both good options

25-26 and you're fine

I graduated Sunday from a top 50 university. I am still weighing my options including the possibility of podiatry school, but I a plan on applying to DO school in one year.

3.67 cGPA
3.44 DO sGPA

MCAT in August

~120 hours of experience in the ER enrolling patients in clinical studies as a part of a class I took
~16 hours of shadowing doctors, PAs, and RNs as part of my EMT class

VP of my fraternity for a semester
VP of my junior year dorm that housed over 700 students

The past few summers I have worked for a local police department and was in charge of around 7 subordinates the past two years.

I've been contacting DOs in my area trying to get some more shadowing experience and hopefully a LOR. This will not be an issue come June next year when I apply.

I am also trying to find an EMT job for the fall. In the very least, I will be a volunteer EMT.

Considering my grades and ECs, what would you say I need to get on the MCAT to have a solid chance?

I don't think user3 is trolling, I just think he believes that many applicants can get into SOME DO school, even if their stats are on the bare minimal realm of acceptance.

Regardless, a MCAT score of 25+ will be good enough, OP. And don't stress over an EMT job. That is overrated for any med school applicant. Look more into shadowing if possible, and/or clinical research (some research studies even involve direct work with physicians and patient interviews, which is really valuable).