3.67c 3.84sci 24 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

verynice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances for osteopathic schools?

Cum 3.67
Sci 3.84

Very strong upward trend from 3.0 to consistent 4.0 semesters.

1st MCAT 21 (7/5/9)
2nd MCAT 24 (8/6/10)

I was averaging 26s before I took it but ps and vr tore me up.

I have decent ECs including 300+ hours of shadowing and an internship with 300+ hours of volunteer work. And various other cookie cutter type ECs.

So far I have
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM
PCOM (ga)
LMUDCOM
MUCOM
KYCOM
WVSOM
On my school list

Do I have a shot at any of the schools I applied to? I know my verbal will hold me back, but I wanted to apply this cycle.

Thanks SDN

Members don't see this ad.

state of residence?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you've got a pretty good chance to net a few acceptances with the schools you listed.

Good luck

You've hit your plateau and I don't think you'll do better with any re-takes, so now it's time to take it on the chin and see how the app cycle goes. You should be able to get in somewhere if you apply broadly. Some schools will take the 2nd score only because it's the better of the two.

What are my chances for osteopathic schools?

Cum 3.67
Sci 3.84

Very strong upward trend from 3.0 to consistent 4.0 semesters.

1st MCAT 21 (7/5/9)
2nd MCAT 24 (8/6/10)

I was averaging 26s before I took it but ps and vr tore me up.

I have decent ECs including 300+ hours of shadowing and an internship with 300+ hours of volunteer work. And various other cookie cutter type ECs.

So far I have
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM
PCOM (ga)
LMUDCOM
MUCOM
KYCOM
WVSOM
On my school list

Do I have a shot at any of the schools I applied to? I know my verbal will hold me back, but I wanted to apply this cycle.

Thanks SDN

You've hit your plateau and I don't think you'll do better with any re-takes, so now it's time to take it on the chin and see how the app cycle goes. You should be able to get in somewhere if you apply broadly. Some schools will take the 2nd score only because it's the better of the two.

I was considering adding the other vcom, liberty (when it comes out), and william carey to my list. Are there any other schools I should add? I feel like my list isn't broad enough.

I was considering adding the other vcom, liberty (when it comes out), and william carey to my list. Are there any other schools I should add? I feel like my list isn't broad enough.

You should definitely add these schools... You will be ok with your list. GL...