3.68 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 30Q MCAT reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eljois

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I applied to 26 schools this past cycle, had 5 interviews, and am currently waitlisted at all 5 schools. The school I thought I had the biggest chance of getting into (high priority wait list) seems to have fewer post-May 15 spots than normal this year. I'm working on getting my AMCAS application ready. Not much has changed since last year, but I'm going to start writing a new personal statement this week (while hoping I get in off a waitlist) - writing my personal statement last year was the most painful part of the application process.

A little about me:

25yo female, PA resident

MCAT 1 (28M): 9 V, 7 PS, 12 BS
MCAT 2 (30Q): 9 V, 9 PS, 12 BS

BS in Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science, minor in Gender and Health (Women's studies) from the University of Michigan

Master of Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania

I graduated from UMich in 2010 and have been working full-time in clinical research. I have 3 publications (first, second, and third author) from my current position and volunteer/shadowing/work experience throughout undergrad.

Any thoughts on where I should apply? I can't afford to apply to 26 schools again. I'm also considering applying to DO schools this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely try DO schools. You have two in your home state to start with. Also aim for the lowest of the low-tiers and the newest MD schools. if you get rejected from your wait-list schools, see if you can get feedback on why you were rejected. If you didn't apply late, work on interview skills. If you applied late, apply 6/1 this time.

Any thoughts on where I should apply? I can't afford to apply to 26 schools again. I'm also considering applying to DO schools this time around.[/QUOTE]