3.6cGPA 3.55sGPA WI Resident 3 Year Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndgreen12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
School list looks good, you could add a couple more once you find out your MCAT score with target stats in mind, but main things I would say are:

1. Make sure you kill the MCAT, if you go to any WI school besides UW-Madison (and maybe Marquette) that gpa isnt going to look so good, as higher gpa's are often expected from smaller, lesser known schools, because they are usually less competitive (less pre-meds).

2. If you went straight from hs to college, you are applying at 21, so make sure to demonstrate in your personal statement and secondary essays that you are mature enough to be part of a class with an average age of say 25 (the current trend).

Good luck! :)

They generally say you shouldn't use real photos of yourself on this site. Also, they usually don't like to answer WAMC post with mcat

MD is definitely within reach.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the tip @sat0ri

@kittykattat yes I will be applying rather young, with primaries in before I even turn 21. I am hoping not only my personal statement and essays show this, but also my LORs do as well, with one from a professor of mine, the other from my research advisor, and the last being from the Hall Director who supervises me as an RA (also maybe one form either of the doctors I have shadowed). With the issue of not going to UW Madison ( I got to UW La Crosse) I am hoping that my MCAT can better my numerical stats. Also, UW La Crosse has been on the rise in terms of rankings, but I understand that it may not have the same weight as one of the bigger schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the tip @sat0ri

@kittykattat yes I will be applying rather young, with primaries in before I even turn 21. I am hoping not only my personal statement and essays show this, but also my LORs do as well, with one from a professor of mine, the other from my research advisor, and the last being from the Hall Director who supervises me as an RA (also maybe one form either of the doctors I have shadowed). With the issue of not going to UW Madison ( I got to UW La Crosse) I am hoping that my MCAT can better my numerical stats. Also, UW La Crosse has been on the rise in terms of rankings, but I understand that it may not have the same weight as one of the bigger schools.

Sounds like youve got your ducks in a row and ready to go. Should have a successful cycle!

Can't really give you any more advice on applying without an MCAT.

Continue to work on ECs (clinical experience and leadership) and get As in all your classes.