3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 28Q MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemonade123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT score today and I'm really bummed. Breakdown: 9 PS, 9 V, 10 BS. The thing is, I don't know if I should retake the MCAT because I had taken a lot of practice tests and the highest score I got was a 30. So I'm not sure how much I can improve if I retake. And as I was browsing through the SDN forums today, reading about people getting into MD programs with stats like mine made me reconsider retaking. What do you all think? I think I have really great ECs and a unique application (I'm not the typical science major). I'm not URM. I'm from CA, but I don't mind going OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Mmm. Tough call. Being two below your max of a 30 is normal. Unless you think you can study better than you did, you probably won't improve. How did you study?

I took a TPR prep course and honestly studied for the MCAT like a full-time job for two months this summer...I don't know whether a retake is worth it or whether I should use my time and effort towards other aspects of my application. Ahhh I don't know what to do! :confused: I know a 28 isn't good according to SDN standards, but realistically, I can't tell

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a TPR prep course and honestly studied for the MCAT like a full-time job for two months this summer...I don't know whether a retake is worth it or whether I should use my time and effort towards other aspects of my application. Ahhh I don't know what to do! :confused: I know a 28 isn't good according to SDN standards, but realistically, I can't tell

In that case, I do not think you will improve. Your DO chances are great so I would, without a doubt, apply DO.

You have some MD chance, so yes, I say strengthen your app and hopefully you'll pique the interest of some md ad coms and get a shot at some interviews.

I don't know whether I won't really improve or whether I just can't stand the thought of studying for this thing again....