3.7 ugpa, 3.53 sgpa, 507 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr1dr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I apply this year or retake the MCAT and try to do better?
I am a CT resident and have fine extra curricular activities including research, leadership, and volunteer work.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I apply this year or retake the MCAT and try to do better?
I am a CT resident and have fine extra curricular activities including research, leadership, and volunteer work.
Do not apply this late in the year with below average (for acceptees) stats.

How high might your BCPM GPA rise by the end of spring term?

Retaking the MCAT is a fine idea unless you plan to include a few DO schools on your application list.

Do not apply this late in the year with below average (for acceptees) stats.

How high might your BCPM GPA rise by the end of spring term?

Retaking the MCAT is a fine idea unless you plan to include a few DO schools on your application list.

I would apply as early as possible next cycle. BCPM GPA will hopefully rise to around a 3.6 by the end of spring semester. Would it still only be realistic to shoot for DO school or do I have a chance for bottom tier MD school as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would apply as early as possible next cycle. BCPM GPA will hopefully rise to around a 3.6 by the end of spring semester. Would it still only be realistic to shoot for DO school or do I have a chance for bottom tier MD school as well?

The MCAT's not great but with a good broad list you might have a shot at a II or two at MD schools. Your odds will be strongest at UCONN. Note a re-take to a 513+ would definitely help your case but don't re-take unless you have really strong reason to believe you can hit 513+.

It would be strategic to include DO schools to maximize chances of an acceptance in the first cycle. Chances at MD with the current MCAT score will depend on how "extra fine" your ECs might be (comprehensiveness, longevity, teamwork, leadership, community service, uniqueness), whether you can fill the niche for a rare demographic, the strength of your LORs, lack of IAs and legal issues, and how well you interview.