MD 3.72 cGPA, 3.54 sGPA, 29 MCAT - School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbils

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cumulative GPA: 3.715 Science GPA: 3.54
MCAT: 29 overall (9 PS, 9 VR, 11 BS)
NY Resident

Research
Worked 4 months in a cardiovascular genetics lab (no publications)
(Plans to perhaps work in another lab in the gap year)

Volunteer/Shadowing
-Shadowed nearly full time over the course of a summer
- 3 weeks shadowing surgeons (orthopaedic and general surgery mostly), 3 weeks in the ER, 2 weeks in maternity ward
- Also did volunteer activities for the hospital at this time
-Volunteered at a home caring for the terminally ill (~40 hours)
-Volunteer baseball coach and umpire

Extracurricular Activities
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Human Physiology (1 semester, plans to do it again for 1 more semester)
Member of a subcommittee of the Student Government Board

Will be applying next cycle
School List (for now):
All 4 New York State public schools
Albany
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
EVMS
Quinnipiac
GW
Loyola
MCW
Oakland
Penn State
Rush
St. Louis
Thomas Jefferson
Temple
Commonwealth
Vermont
VCU

Pretty long list right now but I realize that with my resume applying broadly is my best chance. Any schools I should strike off, add, and/or chances of getting into these schools? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's a very nice list. It's a bit long, so if you really plan on applying to that many, you'd better start pre-writing secondaries to maintain quality. If I had to delete a few: GW (14K+ aps) and NEO (strong regional preference).

That is a good list and appropriate for your credentials. The only one I think would be worth adding is Western Michigan.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a very nice list. It's a bit long, so if you really plan on applying to that many, you'd better start pre-writing secondaries to maintain quality. If I had to delete a few: GW (14K+ aps) and NEO (strong regional preference).

That is a good list and appropriate for your credentials. The only one I think would be worth adding is Western Michigan.

With the list that I have do you think it would be wise of me to retake the MCAT or work on getting more ECs and rolling the dice with the 29?