3.72 cGPA, 3.6sGPA, 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timau

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post and I would like your input on my chances of being accepted into medical school
I have a 3.72 cumulative GPA, 3.6 science GPA (as calculated by AMCAS) and a 28 MCAT. I do not plan on retaking the test for this cycle.
-Volunteered at a hospital for 4 hrs/week for about 1.5 years (currently a volunteer)
-Shadowed ortho surgeon for 100 hours, currently shadowing primary care physician (60 hours so far)
-4 years of research in the same lab (600+ hours)
-Volunteer at an elementary school (4 hrs/week) for 1 semester so far. Planning to return
-Employed for 4 years in food service, currently employed in tech support (3 years) for about 10 hrs/week
-Officer for a cultural organization on campus 2 years (public relations chair and then president)
-Member of premed society on campus

Please let me know if you have any question or comments. I would love constructive feedback! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick questions:

1. Have you submitted your Primary Application yet? (you're applying this cycle right?)
2. Are you talking about MD or DO school?
3. What state are you from?
4. Do you have a school list?
5. What's the breakdown of your 28? (some schools screen below a 7)

Answering these will probably help people get a better idea.

Quick questions:

1. Have you submitted your Primary Application yet? (you're applying this cycle right?)

also are you considered URM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick questions:

1. I have submitted my AMCAS and am already verified.
2. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am applying MD
3. From Maryland so there is only one in state school.
4. I have a school list of about 20 that are in my range
5. Breakdown is 9v, 9ps, 10bs.

Reactions: 1 user
MSAR Online is your friend. Let's see your list. Start with U MD and VCU. Forget the Ivies, the UCs, and Stanford.

Hi all,

This is my first post and I would like your input on my chances of being accepted into medical school
I have a 3.72 cumulative GPA, 3.6 science GPA (as calculated by AMCAS) and a 28 MCAT. I do not plan on retaking the test for this cycle.
-Volunteered at a hospital for 4 hrs/week for about 1.5 years (currently a volunteer)
-Shadowed ortho surgeon for 100 hours, currently shadowing primary care physician (60 hours so far)
-4 years of research in the same lab (600+ hours)
-Volunteer at an elementary school (4 hrs/week) for 1 semester so far. Planning to return
-Employed for 4 years in food service, currently employed in tech support (3 years) for about 10 hrs/week
-Officer for a cultural organization on campus 2 years (public relations chair and then president)
-Member of premed society on campus

Please let me know if you have any question or comments. I would love constructive feedback! Thank you.