3.75 gpa, taking mcat soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted559688

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Vanessa, your app looks great! I would 100% include your creative writing anthro paper. Get a 30+ on your MCAT and you've got a great shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, your app looks fantastic. Your GPA is solid, awesome ec's, research experience, and shadowing. Kill the MCAT and get some LOR's that say basically state you walk on water and you will be a pretty competitive applicant.

USF is pretty instate heavy, do you have ties to the state?

Also, try to avoid using your real name on this site for the sake of your own privacy.

I agree, your app looks fantastic. Your GPA is solid, awesome ec's, research experience, and shadowing. Kill the MCAT and get some LOR's that say basically state you walk on water and you will be a pretty competitive applicant.

Also, try to avoid using your real name on this site for the sake of your own privacy.
Yeah USF is fairly in state heavy (25% oos), but none of the oos acceptees that I know from USF (including myself) have state ties except loving the area. Tampa is awesome! IMO USF and UCF are great places to apply because it's only a $30 secondary fee for each. Best 30 bucks I ever spent! Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah USF is fairly in state heavy (25% oos), but none of the oos acceptees that I know from USF (including myself) have state ties except loving the area. Tampa is awesome! IMO USF and UCF are great places to apply because it's only a $30 secondary fee for each. Best 30 bucks I ever spent! Haha
can't argue with a $30 secondary fee. Congrats on your acceptance btw. I have lived in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, and Gainesville. I kind of miss Tampa and Orlando now :( sorry for the brief hijack op lol

Reactions: 1 user
That is awesome congrats on the acceptance!! Good job :)

Thank you, you're right about the privacy thing.. Maybe I'll have to delete this account and make a new one since it's telling me only donors can do name changes on the site.

That is awesome congrats on the acceptance!! Good job :) I'm trying to become a FL resident this year and move down there, hopefully if everything goes as planned. So are you going to school at USF or UCF now?
Thank you! I've been accepted to USF and I start there in August. I was so impressed with the staff and students there. The other people I interviewed with were all really high caliber so I'm excited to have them as my future classmates. Good luck with the MCAT and subsequent apps!

Thank you, you're right about the privacy thing.. Maybe I'll have to delete this account and make a new one since it's telling me only donors can do name changes on the site. I don't have any ties to Florida right now, hopefully by the time I apply in a couple of months I'll have one property down there :) I've been visiting Florida at least 2-3 times a year for 4 years and I love it lol I'm trying to become a resident.. Thanks for the advice :D still have a lotta work to do since i'm graduating early from college next year while applying this summer for med school so definitely a lot to get done!
Yeah, I believe you do have to become a gold donor unfortunately. However, it might be worth deleting your account or becoming a gold donor to protect your privacy. Better to be safe then sorry right? Usually, having ties to a state school that is very in state heavy can help which is why I asked. However, @Utenation manage to get in just fine without it so go figure lol. I still remember some of the best places to live around there so feel free to pm me if you need recommendations. Either way best of luck moving and don't forget to destroy the MCAT :)