3.76 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA(MD) 3.79 sGPA(DO), 500 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDre2001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michigan resident, applied to:

MSUCOM
LECOM
ACOM
WVSOM

MSU Human Medicine
Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Wayne State
Oakland (Beaumont)
Wright State-Boonshoft
Chicago Rosalind Franklin

500+ hours working/volunteering in an outpatient PT clinic
2500+ hours coaching and mentoring young athletes
30-40 hours shadowing orthopedic surgeons both clinically and in the OR
200+ various volunteer hours (blood drives, tutoring, alternative spring break service project, etc.)

LOR's from my PT boss, and 3 undergraduate professors-biochem, bio, kinesiology.

I know my MCAT is low (53rd percentile), do I have any shot this cycle?
I have attained 4.0s in 48 of the last 49 credits I've taken in undergrad.

also should add cocaine, cocaine, my skin white like cocaine.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your chances are not good at all for MD. Maybe you'll get lucky with a state school, but don't get your hopes up.

You're competitive for a fair share of DO programs, however. Apply to ~15 DO schools and you have a solid shot at several interviews.

Your chances are not good at all for MD. Maybe you'll get lucky with a state school, but don't get your hopes up.

You're competitive for a fair share of DO programs, however. Apply to ~15 DO schools and you have a solid shot at several interviews.

Are there certain DO programs you'd recommend? Not having a LOR from a DO seems to really be limiting my choices. Additionally, you don't think it's too late to add DO schools to my AACOMAS this cycle? I know the DO process runs a little longer but keep getting mixed advice on here about how late it is now.

Members don't see this ad :)
You may receive 1 or 2 interviews from your Michigan schools. You can still add DO schools at this time so consider all of these schools:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LMU-DCOM
ACOM
ARCOM (new school)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM (new school)
BCOM
RVU-Utah (new school)
You should receive several interviews from this list.

You may receive 1 or 2 interviews from your Michigan schools. You can still add DO schools at this time so consider all of these schools:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LMU-DCOM
ACOM
ARCOM (new school)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM (new school)
BCOM
RVU-Utah (new school)
You should receive several interviews from this list.

Thank you for the feedback