3.763 cGPA, 10v10ps12ps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtp270

Class of 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here are my stats: 3.763 cGPA from NYU (biochemistry), 10v10ps12ps

Good clinical/volunteer experience, taking gap year to work as pre-med intern at an orthopedic surgery practice in California, good recommendations...

I'm from the East Coast and would like to go somewhere in a larger city like NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, etc... what are my chances at say: Einstein, SUNY Downstate, USC, Tufts, UMASS, NY Medical College..

Also, what are some other Cali schools I would be competetive at?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I think your chances at those are ok... apply to a lot of others..

For cali schools only apply to those with lower scores ucr Lima Linda...

Cali schools are pretty competitive, probably best chance would be at UCD, UCI and -R (if you show commitment to their mission statement, and possibly UCLA, but I'm not optimistic. Loma Linda, possibly.

You're fine for the SUNYs, Albany, NYMC, Tufts, maybe Einstein, and Hofstra. Also shoot for the PA schools, and any new program.

Call some Admissions deans and see if you're competitive for their particular schools.

So here are my stats: 3.763 cGPA from NYU (biochemistry), 10v10ps12ps

Good clinical/volunteer experience, taking gap year to work as pre-med intern at an orthopedic surgery practice in California, good recommendations...

I'm from the East Coast and would like to go somewhere in a larger city like NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, etc... what are my chances at say: Einstein, SUNY Downstate, USC, Tufts, UMASS, NY Medical College..

Also, what are some other Cali schools I would be competetive at?

Thanks guys!

I think your chances at those are ok... apply to a lot of others..

For cali schools only apply to those with lower scores ucr Lima Linda...

Loma Linda is way too mission driven to just throw in because you have low stats.